Engineering Manager, Billing and Customer Solutions
Technology – Engineering /
Entrupy is a global technology company whose mission is to protect businesses, borders and consumers from transacting in counterfeit goods. Entrupy has developed a patented technology system which utilizes a combination of AI and computer vision to instantly identify and authenticate high value physical goods.
Entrupy’s solutions serve business customers including leading luxury brands, retailers, e-commerce marketplaces and online resellers in over 60 countries. Entrupy is growing quickly with team members based in the US, India, Japan and Brazil.
Entrupy’s solutions in market:
Entrupy is seeking an engineering manager to own billing automation projects and lead a small team. This role will also be responsible for workflows related to account management and customer portals. This is an onsite or hybrid role based out of our Bangalore office. This role will report to our VP of Engineering.
Initially, this role will serve as a code owner and primary technical contributor, taking over ownership of the existing billing platform and working alongside a contractor. This role will also collaborate with other stakeholders to define and build internal and customer-facing portals. We plan on slowly building a team and bringing on FTE developers based on demand, and are currently estimating to have 1-2 developers on this team by the end of 2023.
- Take primary ownership of Entrupy's billing automation platform and related systems
- Make technical contributions to Entrupy's codebase
- Act as a primary technical point of contact for billing automation
- Workshop and develop new tools and processes for system management in conjunction with finance and operations teams
- Collaborate with senior management to define team goals and ensure alignment
- Act as the people manager and functional manager for a small team of engineers
- Work with senior engineers to create and review architecture proposals
- Participate in code review and set project standards
- Mentor junior engineers
- Lead team hiring processes in conjunction with engineering leadership
- Build a team culture of trust and collaboration
- 2+ years of technical leadership, whether as an engineering manager, a tech lead or comparable role. This includes establishing vision, writing architecture documents and reviewing contributions from other engineers.
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer or comparable role
- Strong proficiency with Python
- Experience maintaining infrastructure on AWS or other cloud services
- Experience with project management
- Experience with building or maintaining platforms for internal operations teams
Good to have
- Familiarity with billing or financial systems
- Experience scaling engineering teams
- Experience with databases and cloud storage
- Experience building and maintaining web APIs
- Prior history of working with contractors: writing specifications, overseeing work
- Experience with cloud automation and DevOps tools (logging, CI, etc)