Management & Administration – Finance /
Entrupy is a global technology company whose mission is to protect businesses, borders and consumers from transacting in counterfeit goods. Entrupy has developed a patented technology system which utilizes a combination of AI and computer vision to instantly identify and authenticate high value physical goods.
Entrupy’s solutions serve business customers including leading luxury brands, retailers, e-commerce marketplaces and online resellers in over 60 countries. Entrupy is growing quickly with team members based in the US, India, Japan and Brazil.
Entrupy’s solutions in market:
About the role
As an Accounting Lead at Entrupy, you will be at the helm of our financial operations, steering the company towards sound financial management and strategic growth. With your extensive experience in the tech industry, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our accounting policies, ensuring compliance, and driving efficiency within the team.
Reports to Director of Finance
Location: New York, NY/Hybrid (preferred) or Remote
- Oversee the daily operations of the accounting department, including but not limited to, accounts payable/receivable, general ledger, payroll, and financial reporting.
- Analyze and report on financial status including income statement variances, communicating financial results to management, budget preparation, and analysis.
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions to automate the accounting process.
- Lead and execute global financial consolidations, ensuring accurate financial reporting that reflects the company's operations across different regions (United States, India, China, and Japan) and compliance with international financial reporting standards.
- Manage relationships with external accounting and tax partners to ensure timely and accurate financial processes, aligning with Entrupy’s strategic objectives and maintaining rigorous financial controls and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and IFRS principles as well as company’s financial policies.
- Coordinate and complete annual audits, providing recommendations for improving procedures and systems for initiating corrective actions.
- Allocate resources and manage cash flows. Conduct profit and cost analyses.
- Lead and support accounting team members, including training and development, to ensure that department goals are met.
- Engage in consistent and robust tax planning and compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate, payroll, and other applicable taxes.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Participate in strategic data analysis, research, and modeling for senior company leadership.
- Provide insights and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan of the organization.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 6-8 years of related experience with the Big 4 and/or a public company.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of related experience in Tech.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is preferred.
- Proven experience as an accounting supervisor or senior accountant.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles.
- Experience with creating financial statements and general ledger functions.
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Analytical mind with ability to make sound strategic decisions.
$140,000 - $170,000 a year
The starting salary for this role is between $140,000 - $170,000, depending on skills and experience. We have competitive pay bands for all other countries based on market standards. Individual compensation decisions are based on several factors, including experience level, skill set, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. Based on these factors, we expect most of the candidates offered roles at our company to fall healthily throughout the range. We recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description, as posted. If so, the updated salary range will be communicated to you as a candidate.