Lead Engineer, Backend/Infrastructure
Technology – Engineering /
Entrupy is a global technology company whose mission is to protect businesses, borders and consumers from transacting in counterfeit goods. Entrupy has developed a patented technology system which utilizes a combination of AI and computer vision to instantly identify and authenticate high value physical goods.
Entrupy’s solutions serve business customers including leading luxury brands, retailers, e-commerce marketplaces and online resellers in over 60 countries. Entrupy is growing quickly with team members based in the US, India, Japan and Brazil.
Entrupy’s solutions in market:
Entrupy is seeking an engineering manager to lead a team responsible for our backend and infrastructure services. This role will report to our VP of Engineering. This role is open to remote with preference to folks in east coast.
This role involves a mix of technical contribution, team leadership and operations work. The team this role will be leading is currently staffed with 2 FTEs and 1 contractor. For projects involving contractors, this role will be the primary owner and responsible for architecting and reviewing work. Additionally, this role will serve as a technical contact for customer and internal-facing services and teams.
Some project areas this team is responsible for include:
- Backend APIs for mobile clients and internal tools
- Internal services for data processing and account management
- External-facing APIs for partners and enterprise customers
- Databases, caches and object stores
- AWS infrastructure operations and automation
- Act as the people and functional manager for a small team of engineers.
- Collaborate with senior management to define team goals and ensure alignment.
- Coordinate and lead projects involving contractors or multiple engineers.
- Build services, infrastructure and automation for partner engineering teams.
- Contribute to engineering-wide administrative and organizational initiatives and process improvements.
- Work with senior engineers to create and review architecture proposals.
- Participate in code review and mentor junior developers.
- Act as a point of contact for customer-facing APIs and internal services.
- Build a team culture of trust and collaboration.
- At least five years of software development experience.
- At least two years of technical leadership experience, whether as a senior engineer, project lead or team lead.
- Strong proficiency with Python.
- Experience maintaining infrastructure on AWS or other cloud services.
- Experience with databases and cloud storage.
- Experience building and maintaining web APIs.
Good to have
- Experience managing teams or individuals.
- Experience with cloud automation and DevOps tools (logging, CI, etc).
- Experience with low-latency services and performance-sensitive code.
- Experience with modern front-end SPA frameworks, such as Vue or React.
- Experience with data visualization or analytics.
- Experience with tools like AWSCloudFormation or Terraform.
- Previously worked in a startup-like environment.
$175,000 - $195,000 a year