Motion Graphics Designer
Placeit – Placeit Motion /
Permanent Full Time
We value inclusivity and diversity at Envato. Research shows candidates from neurodiverse and underrepresented backgrounds often only apply for roles if they meet all the criteria. We like to make our hiring decisions based on experience and passion, so if you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments please let us know. We also encourage you to let us know the pronouns you use at any point during the recruitment process.
As Envato continues to grow, so does our ability to find new and expanded opportunities to offer value, support, and inspiration to digital creatives worldwide. With Placeit, Envato provides the tools, tips, and tricks many creatives, marketers and small business owners need to bring their ideas to life. Placeit counts companies such as Google, Facebook, and Oracle as their paying customers, and has over 180,000 subscribers worldwide.
We are a global and rapidly scaling business. Blending purpose and profit, we're a passionate B Corp, committed to making a positive impact on the communities we engage in. You can read more about our purpose and values here.
We’ve embraced flexibility for a long time - where we can, let’s make work, work for you! We have an amazing office in the Colonia Americana neighborhood in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico; but our roles can be based ANYWHERE in Mexico (that has a great internet connection).
Generate user-friendly customizable video Mockups and Animated templates throughout high-quality animation for Placeit.
What would I work on specifically?
Key Duties & Responsibilities
● Create unique video templates using different animation techniques and scripting languages.
● Create mockup templates and utilize compositing VFX techniques.
● Discuss new ideas and suggest new trends.
● Help out with special projects, specific tasks and support with daily activities.
● Review existing tickets (QA Review) to improve quality.
● Being a support to the Technical/Art Lead on the team's daily workflow.
● Daily user testing on Placeit.
● Activity reports.
Required Technical Skills/Experience
● 2+ years of experience as an animator at an advertising agency or animation studio.
● Strong command in After Effects.
● Strong fundamental skills in video timing, pace, frame composition, color, and motion.
● Demonstrable knowledge in composition and color.
● Compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates motion design and animation capabilities.
● A medium-level user of Photoshop and Illustrator.
● QA standards knowledge.
● Basic knowledge of intellectual property, copyrights and cultural appropriation.
● Demonstrable project management skills.
● Experience in trends and innovation in the audiovisual industry.
● Familiarity with oriented-object scripting languages (lua).
● Experience in post-production and compositing.
● Good understanding of Node or the applicable language.
● Ability to adjust creativity to technical limitations.
● Intermediate and above English written and verbal communication skills
Required Professional Competencies/Experience
● Quality Orientation.
● Active Listening
● Learning/Life long learner
What we offer
Competitive Salary based on qualifications
● 30 days - Christmas Bonus
● 12 vacation days (from the first year)
● 100% holidays bonus
● Private Health Insurance (SGMM)
● 5% Grocery Coupons (With legal cap)
● 5% Savings Funds (Fondo de Ahorro)
● Internet/electricity allowance (monthly paid)
• Profit-share, Mexican entity
● A performance-based bonus program worth up to 10% annually
● Round trip tickets around Mexico to a place you haven’t been twice a year.
● Unlimited ebooks
● Paid for educational courses that relate to your work
● Top line equipment
Submit your resume and answers to the below questions. Good luck!
- We’re BCorp certified & believe in succeeding sustainably as one global team.
- We’re committed to ensuring all our team feel welcome, included, and respected.
- We support the flexibility to work from anywhere in Mexico, great benefits above the law, generous parental leave, wellness programs, social connection and learning opportunities to help you grow.
Envato is proud to be a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to respond to every applicant.