Curation and Web Team Lead
Product – Content and Author /
Permanent Full Time
We value inclusivity and diversity at Envato. Research shows candidates from neurodiverse and underrepresented backgrounds often only apply for roles if they meet all the criteria. We like to make our hiring decisions based on experience and passion, so if you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments please let us know. We also encourage you to let us know the pronouns you use at any point during the recruitment process.
Our focus is on helping people to complete their creative projects, with our author community earning every time that happens. Envato proudly impacts the lives of creatives all over the world, from web developers and graphic designers to marketers, videographers, photographers, and more. We’ve built a community where anyone can get their creative projects done, and where creators bring their ideas to life and in the process, earn a living doing what they love. It doesn’t get much better than that!
We are a global and rapidly scaling business. Blending purpose and profit, we're a passionate B Corp, committed to making a positive impact on the communities we engage in. You can read more about our purpose, mission, and values on our website.
We’ve embraced flexibility for a long time - where we can, let’s make work, work for you! We have an amazing office in the Colonia Americana neighborhood in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico.
The purpose of this role is to build, mentor, manage, and grow the Extended Content Operations team which will be responsible for handling content management activities that require manual intervention such as content curation, execution of the managed ingestion scripts to ingest content for select authors, generating reports on author performance, ongoing library management, and building any small-scale automation that is required to perform these tasks efficiently. While these are broad themes of work that this team might be undertaking, the exact list activities performed by this team will keep evolving over time depending on the operational needs of the business at that point in time.
The leader of this team needs to be a hands-on, self-starter personality that can find out quick, efficient, and commercially sensible ways to solve operational problems that do not have well-documented solutions. .
The role will be based out of Mexico however, will report into, and will require frequent interactions with, the Content Operations Manager based out of Australia.
- Build the Extended Content Operations team as per the hiring schedule.
- Manage/oversee the flow of day-to-day operations for the team
- Monitor the efficiency of the team, and coach/mentor the team members, as necessary
- Provide regular updates to stakeholders on upcoming projects and company wide decisions which affect the team
- Produce training material where required when new operations processes or tools are introduced
- Build and maintain basic automation scripts with the help and guidance of the code review team in Mexico
- Brainstorm ways to improve efficiency or simplify processes with other stakeholders such as the specialists, review team, product and operations managersEscalate technical issues raised by the team to appropriate channels within Envato
- Escalate staffing issues to the Content Operations Manager
- Provide reports on team performance where required
- Support curation activities for our shop fronts including creating and maintaining collections, addressing metadata issues, etc with support from the Content Review Teams
- Coordination and execution of the Managed ingestion activities as required
- Ongoing library management, including, but not limited to the review of the relevance of search results, verifying that an item is still commercially usable and relevant, removal of items that are no longer relevant, etc.
- Targeted metadata enhancement activities to improve the tagging, and follow-up activities to measure the effectiveness of that tagging
- Screen incoming content partnership requests to assist in the assessment of viability and fit
- Help identify new authors who meet the criteria defined by our Content Specialists
- Assist in generating and exporting reports to assess author performance based on predefined criteria
Be available after hours for meetings with staff in different time zones, as required
- 4+ years experience in a Team Leader or Manager position with at least 4+ direct reports
- Previous experience in building and maintaining automation scripts
- Previous experience working in an eCommerce environment focused on commercial outcomes
- Previous experience in curating products to be listed/featured on ecommerce platforms
- Previous demonstrable experience in assisting with data analysis i.e. following predefined processes to analyse data sets and draw actionable conclusions with the appropriate level of reporting
- Strong ability to liaise with team members to make informed and accurate decisions
- Previous experience working with remote staff
- Strong spreadsheet skills either using Excel, GSheets or equivalent packages
- Experience in running projects end-to-end with minimal guidance
- Experience in building and mentoring junior teams from scratch where processes and policies are limited
- Previous experience working with Envato’s products or services
- Previous experience with Tableau
- Previous experience with Python, Node, Puppeteer and UI automation tools such as UI Vision
- Previous experience working with creative media types such as Photos, Video and Design based items
- Previous experience in tagging products for ecommerce sites
Personal Competencies Required
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills
- An inquisitive mindset and methodical approach to support data analysis investigations
- Self driven to achieve outcomes and overcome challenges with limited support
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English
- Resilience and adaptability
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Positive outlook and willingness to help others
- Strong ability to work independently and take initiative
- Ability to take on new, unfamiliar tasks and learn on the job
What we offer
Competitive Salary based on qualifications
● 30 days - Christmas Bonus
● 12 vacation days (from the first year)
● 100% holidays bonus
● Private Health Insurance (SGMM)
● 5% Grocery Coupons (With legal cap)
● 5% Savings Funds (Fondo de Ahorro)
● Internet/electricity allowance (monthly paid)
• Profit-share, Mexican entity
● A performance-based bonus program worth up to 10% annually
● Round trip tickets around Mexico to a place you haven’t been twice a year.
● Unlimited e-books
● Paid for educational courses that relate to your work
● Top line equipment
Submit your resume and answers to the below questions. Good luck!
- We’re BCorp certified & believe in succeeding sustainably as one global team.
- We’re committed to ensuring all our team feel welcome, included, and respected
- We support the flexibility to work from anywhere, great benefits above the law, generous parental leave, wellness programs, social connection and learning opportunities to help you grow.
Envato is proud to be a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to respond to every applicant.