React Native Mobile Product Engineer
Envoy is on a mission to make the office feel effortless. We create technology that does its job, so people can focus on theirs. Our story started at the front desk, where signing in with paper and pen used to be the norm. But Envoy set a new standard, and now visitors everywhere are signing in on iPads. To date, we've helped customers like Slack, Box, Github and Pinterest welcome over 14 million visitors in more than four thousand offices worldwide.
And visitor management is just the beginning. We’re building a world where you'll know instantly when packages are delivered; where your office will unlock automatically when you arrive; where you'll be able to book a meeting room, simply by walking through the door.
If this world sounds exciting, we'd love for you to help us build it.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Mobile team at Envoy challenges the boundaries of Mobile development. You’ll work with the latest and greatest tech. Our mobile development culture lives on the bleeding edge of new technologies (such as React Native) and the team is inspired and excited about the opportunities (and challenges) it brings. You’ll be directly responsible for building our core products and getting businesses and enterprises around the world to re-imagine just how friendly software for them can be.
ABOUT THE TEAM
We’re an engineering-driven team with a grand vision to introduce new technology into the workplace that improves the lives of the people inside it. We have unheard-of word-of-mouth growth, early (and sustained) revenue (pretty rare around here!), and customers who adore our products and support. We have some great products on the horizon, and our mobile apps are center stage. We’d like your help to ensure we not only keep this, but push it forward.
- Implement new product features in our mobile apps, along with future projects and other initiatives
- Collaborate with designers to build pixel-perfect, detail-oriented interfaces
- Envision ways to delight your customers with animations, elegant flows, and clean user interfaces
- Destroy bugs and ship stable, high quality code you’re proud to be a core contributor on
- Deliver excellent software through comprehensive peer-reviews, CI, and automated testing
- Always push your team forward onto the latest and greatest, be it libraries, languages, tools, or products
- Proactive. You look for problems and inefficiencies in code and find elegant solutions to them before they become major blockers
- A systems thinker. You think about how your designs will affect other aspects of the product and how it will evolve in the future
- Someone who really enjoys Android and loves staying up-to-date on the latest APIs and technologies
- Motivated by working on products customers love, and figuring out ways to make them better and help them achieve their goals
- At your best when working on a tiny team of 2-3 people entrusted to build an entire product end-to-end
- Excited and inspired by new technology, and eager to incorporate it into your work.
- Able to identify good design and bad design, and strive to achieve excellent visual and interactive design principles in your apps (even if you’re not the designer)
- Performance thinking. Not everyone has a Pixel like you. People want smooth experiences that don’t drain their battery, and work on an unreliable network connection
- Interested in educating others and helping your team grow together.
- You maintain an Android open source library
- iOS experience
- React Native experience
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! We're open to all backgrounds and levels of experience, and we believe that great people can always find a place. People do their best work when they can be themselves, so we value uniqueness. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.