Envoy’s mission is to challenge the status quo of workplace technology. Our story started at the front desk, where signing in with paper and pen used to be the norm. Envoy set a new standard, and now visitors everywhere are signing in on iPads. We've helped customers like Slack, Box, Github and Pinterest welcome over 27 million visitors in more than seven thousand offices worldwide.
We’re not stopping in the lobby, and we hope you won’t either. We believe you should demand more from the tools you use all around the office. That’s why we’re building a world where technology is seamlessly woven throughout the workplace—where smart tools lessen your workload and brighten your day.
If this world sounds exciting, we'd love for you to help us build it.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Finance and Accounting Team plays a key role in preparing, managing, interpreting, and communicating the company’s financial information. We’re looking for an experienced Revenue Accountant who can take a lead role in invoicing customers on time and accurately, ensure timely collections of those invoices, and be the point person for revenue recognition.
This position reports to our Accounting Manager.
Play a key role in administering the cash cycle:
- Daily billing of customers
- Daily cash posting of ACHs, wire and check payments
- Assist with operational issues such as resolving customer inquiries
- Contacting delinquent accounts for the collection of past due receivables
- Identify potential problem accounts and minimize potential bad debt exposure
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop solutions to identified system or process issues related to customer A/R
Be a key player in month/quarter/year-end accounting close activities:
- Prepare, record and analyze accounts and transactions in accounts receivables, deferred revenue, revenue, etc.
- Prepare reconciliations and in-depth account fluctuation analysis over multiple periods.
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial close activities within timelines
Be a key player in the effort to develop and adopt best practices for accounting and business processes:
- Develop and maintain internal controls, policies, procedures, and scalability improvements including documentation of the control environment and systems tools to automate and streamline
- Identify business process improvement opportunities and be a driving force in implementing those improvements company-wide
Be a contributing team member to help make decisions that impact how the company operates:
- Adapt to new tasks and responsibilities as the business expands, including accounting for international activities
- Partner with cross-functional teams including support, sales, engineering and various business owners on a variety of projects
- Train new team members
- Support external audit or tax requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
- Ad-hoc projects as required or as business scales
- At least 4 years of accounting experience in public accounting or at a technology company (SaaS experience preferred)
- Strong understanding of accounting systems and data structure, especially billing systems. Experience with Salesforce, Xero, Netsuite, Oracle, Zuora, Stripe, or similar systems is essential.
- An undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance (a CPA, or on the path to certification is a plus)
- Strong understanding of revenue recognition for SaaS business (ASC 606)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and macOS
- A self-starter who enjoys working in challenging and fast-paced, start-up environment
- Detail-oriented, with strong financial knowledge
- Able to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- A great communicator, both oral and written
- An expert in prioritizing tasks with minimal supervision
- Self-driven with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and receptive to constructive criticism
- Equally happy working alone or with a team
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! We believe that people do their best work when they can be themselves, so we value uniqueness. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.