People – People
Envoy makes workplaces work better. With a focus on the details, we craft beautiful, modern software that elevates the workplace experience. Companies like Slack, Pinterest, Spotify, Nike, and American Express have worked with Envoy to welcome over 30 million visitors to more than 10,000 locations around the world. We are proudly backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Menlo Ventures, Initialized Capital, and many others.
Our mission is to challenge the status quo of workplace technology. This idea started at the front desk, where we set a new standard for visitor sign-in. Now, we’re looking around the office—to the mailroom, meeting rooms and beyond—and asking how can we make this better, too? We envision a world where technology is woven through our workplaces, all of it working together to make our time there delightful.
If this world sounds exciting, we’d love for you to help us build it.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The ideal candidate will thrive in a dynamic and changing environment and have fun while getting a lot of great work done. Comfortable with ambiguous situations, you’re able to take a consultative approach to identify and implement people solutions to drive and support our business objectives. You possess strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to build solid relationships based on trust. This role demands partnering closely with leaders at all levels and employees throughout the org. This role functions as a Human Resources expert, key business partner and manage a small team of HR Generalists. You will report directly to the VP, People and your peers will be our Head of Workplace and Head of Talent Acquisition.
- Act as a people business partner for all functional areas, partnering closely with people managers and leaders.
- Manage metrics/benchmarking development and tracking (demographics, attrition/ retention rate, pipeline, mobility) for for use in driving data-based decisions.
- Manage employee relations by addressing and resolving employee issues promptly, effectively, and objectively while complying with applicable laws and policies.
- Write, deliver, and facilitate internal communications to help with change management and consistent messaging across the organization.
- Ensure ongoing compliance of all legal and organizational requirements, standards, and procedures and advise management on needed actions.
- Manage and lead a team of HR professionals in daily people operations, ensuring the highest levels of employee engagement and satisfaction.
- Provide leadership to direct reports with clear direction, regular honest feedback, and personal development.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism under pressure and demonstrates responsible decision making in stressful or unexpected situations.
- Adept at motivating self and others for results.
Cyclical Employee Program Management:
- Strategic and operational oversight of onboarding initiatives, with an emphasis on driving understanding of and connection to the mission, work, and team.
- Strategic and operational oversight of cyclical employee programs, such as, annual engagement survey, bi-annual performance and compensation reviews.
- Oversee the design, administration, and effectiveness of ongoing rewards and recognition programs, such as, iterating on our compensation structure.
- Review, track and strategically enhance employee benefits in order to support a growing and diverse employee population.
- Guide manager and employee actions by creating an employee handbook, updating company policies and procedures, and communicating and enforcing organization values in compliance with all legal and organizational requirements, standards and procedures.
Learning + Organizational Development:
- Lead and develop internal training programs and help procure and manage appropriate vendors for external offerings.
- Experience guiding leaders through organizational design conversations in order to optimize Envoy to meet business objectives.
- Experience developing, leading, and tracking metrics related to Talent Planning eg highlighting the effectiveness of current employees while also crafting ways to promote engagement and readiness for movement.
- Keep a pulse on employment best practices through research, industry events, and networking to help us design and build new engagement programs.
- 10+ years of Human Resources, Employee Relations, Total Rewards, and Learning + Organization Development.
- 4+ years of direct management experience is a must.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Master's Degree in Human Resources and/or Organization Development and advanced certification in Human Resources (SPHR/GPHR) preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all areas of HR: compensation, performance management, benefits, training, immigration, employment laws and employment practices, LOAs, etc.
- Previous international exposure/assignment is required with ability to work across various cultures.
- Technologically astute with experience with a variety of HR systems (Bamboo, Lever, Gusto, 15Five, CultureAmp, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to travel is a must.
- Past startup experience is highly desirable.
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! We're open to all backgrounds and levels of experience, and we believe that great people can always find a place. People do their best work when they can be themselves, so we value uniqueness. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.