Workplace Operations Manager
People – People
Envoy is on a mission to make the office feel effortless. We create technology that does it’s job, so people can focus on theirs. Our story started at the front desk, where signing in with paper and pen used to be the norm. But Envoy set a new standard, and now visitors everywhere are signing in on iPads. To date, we've helped customers like Slack, Box, Github and Pinterest welcome over 14 million visitors in more than four thousand offices worldwide.
And visitor management is just the beginning. We’re building a world where you'll know instantly when packages are delivered; where your office will unlock automatically when you arrive; where you'll be able to book a meeting room, simply by walking through the door.
If this world sounds exciting, we'd love for you to help us build it.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our mission is to "make the office place more delightful" and we're looking for someone to embody that vision internally here at Envoy. You're a natural host who sweats even the smallest details and can juggle multiple projects with ease. For you, no task is too big or too small, from making sure paper towels are always stocked to planning an office move. Sound like you? Then keep reading!
- Keep the office beautiful and functional (conference rooms, supplies, office furniture, etc). Come up with creative space solutions as the company grows.
- Manage our janitorial programs and vendors. Ensure a clean and organized office exceeds the expectations of our experience standards.
- Assist with daily supervision of food & beverage programs and vendors. Partner with team on long term plans for program improvements and scalability.
- Partner with IT to resolve office issues with our conference room AV/IT systems.
- Be in charge of desk moves/office space re-org, vendor, and contract management.
- Support events team in planning and setup as needed.
- Coordinate the contracting and completion of all repair and maintenance work Communicate with internal partners to ensure they are kept informed and have input on work being performed.
- Develop and maintain a PM schedule for equipment and Envoy owned assets.
- Prepare, own and manage Ops & Maintenance budgets.
- Build a strong Ops & Maintenance vendor portfolio.
- Participate in the development and implementation of best practices and procedures for a growing team.
- Interface with the Property Management and Building Engineers to promptly resolve building maintenance issues.
- Manage small to medium space refresh projects. Support and supervise larger projects driven by the Design and Construction lead.
- An amazing virtual juggler - handling multiple tasks with ease.
- Flexible and hard-working, and stand out by taking smart risks and always sweat the small stuff.
- Proactive, friendly and upbeat personality.
- Able to communicate openly. Share candidly, welcome feedback and encourage understanding.
- Excited and inspired by new technology and eager to incorporate it into your work.
- Happy to pitch in wherever needed!
- Understand and can adapt to ever-changing priorities, meanwhile keeping sensitive information confidential.
- A can-do attitude: you are accountable, organized, and follow through.
- Ability to engage with people of all backgrounds, add positivity and warmth to our culture, and driven to create great experiences.
- Previous experience at a startup.
- An experienced problem solver, finding clever solutions to facility and operational challenges
- Someone who has at least 2 years experience working in a facilities or workplace role, ideally in a fast growing company
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! We're open to all backgrounds and levels of experience, and we believe that great people can always find a place. People do their best work when they can be themselves, so we value uniqueness. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.