Revenue Accounting Manager
Finance – Finance
Envoy’s mission is to challenge the status quo of workplace technology. Our story started at the front desk, where signing in with paper and pen used to be the norm. Envoy set a new standard, and now visitors everywhere are signing in on iPads. We've helped customers like Slack, Box, Github and Pinterest welcome over 27 million visitors in more than seven thousand offices worldwide.
We’re not stopping in the lobby, and we hope you won’t either. We believe you should demand more from the tools you use all around the office. That’s why we’re building a world where technology is seamlessly woven throughout the workplace—where smart tools lessen your workload and brighten your day.
If this world sounds exciting, we'd love for you to help us build it.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Finance and Accounting Team plays a key role in preparing, managing, interpreting, and communicating the company’s financial information. We’re looking for an experienced Revenue Accounting Manager to own the cash cycle from invoicing to collections, and be a strong voice in the design and implementation of billing systems.
This position reports to our Accounting Manager.
- Manage a growing team Help set goals for generating invoices and receivables collections, and manage to department service levels
- Create development plans for team members and provide guidance
- Ensure month/quarter/year-end deadlines for revenue-related journal entries are being met by direct reports
- Become the Company’s subject matter expert in revenue recognition (ASC 606)
- Ensure systems are aligned with revenue recognition principles
- Assist where needed in areas such as customer support, collections, account reconciliations, and ticket resolutions
- Develop and maintain internal controls, policies, procedures, and scalability improvements including documentation of the control environment and systems tools to automate and streamline
- Identify business process improvement opportunities and manage change in implementing those improvements company-wide
- Be a contributing team member to help make decisions that impact how the company operates
- Support external audit or tax requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
At least 5 years of accounting experience with at least 1+ years working in-house in a SAAS company
1-3 years of management experience
Strong understanding of accounting systems and data structure, especially billing systems
Experience with Salesforce, Xero, Netsuite, Oracle, Zuora, Stripe, or similar systems is essential
An undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance (a CPA, or on the path to certification is a plus)
Strong understanding of revenue recognition for SAAS business (ASC 606)
Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and macOS
A self-starter who enjoys working in challenging and fast-paced, start-up environment
A leader who has the ability to motivate and willing to pitch in for tactical execution
Able to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and open to giving and receiving thoughtful feedback
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! We believe that people do their best work when they can be themselves, so we value uniqueness. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.