Engineering – Engineering
Envoy makes workplaces work better. With a focus on the details, we craft beautiful, modern software that elevates the workplace experience. Companies like Google, Tesla, GitHub, Slack, Stripe and Pinterest, have worked with Envoy to welcome over 30 million visitors to more than 10,000 locations around the world. We are proudly backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Menlo Ventures, Initialized Capital, and many others.
Our mission is to challenge the status quo of workplace technology. This idea started at the front desk, where we set a new standard for visitor sign-in. Now, we’re looking around the office—to the mailroom, meeting rooms and beyond—and asking how can we make this better, too? We envision a world where technology is woven through our workplaces, all of it working together to make our time there delightful.
If this world sounds exciting, we’d love for you to help us build the Office OS.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
We strive to be a top-notch engineering organization with a great culture and have the same high standards with our code, systems, practices, and people. We value learning and growth and hire, diverse, well-rounded, communicative people we can trust.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for an exceptional Engineering leader to join our growing team at Envoy. As a leader in the Engineering organization, you will be a point person on technical leadership, people development, recruiting top-level talent as well as hands-on development work. Our teams are focused on creating world-class products for over 100,000 daily users in 10,000 global offices.
You can build software that will be used by other companies! Not just a bay area problem - we are global (80% outside of Silicon Valley). You will see your work at other companies as our products are used by Google, Pixar, Tesla, Blue Origin, GitHub, Slack, Stripe, Spotify. Our teams work on a variety of technically challenging problems in platform and API design, mobile and web application development, scalability and cloud computing, data science and analysis, and much more.
- Drive great execution. Work with the team to set expectations and deliver against them. Encourage a quality playbook for your teams and area(s) of ownership, including standards for code, reviews, testing, and monitoring
- Build a high performing engineering team that builds great products for everybody everywhere in the world who has an office. You will see your work at other companies
- Constantly build innovative products in a sustainable business that people actually get to use and test out with employees. You are an advocate and expert of Envoy’s product offerings
- Implement best practices to drive growth and execution in a fast-paced environment
- Work with Envoy CEO, fellow engineer to drive product development
- Invest in our future and help build the Envoy engineering brand. Learn, teach, & share with your fellow teammates and the world (blogs, open source, etc)
- Minimum of 5+ years of hands-on development experience
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in a leadership position
- Successfully run the day-to-day Agile scrum process for a software development team
- Experience with how non-trivial software and systems work at scale (e.g. threads, virtualization, configuration management, load balancers, caching)
- Computer Science degree
- You contribute to an open-source project or library or data sharing effort
- You blog, teach, mentor, or otherwise help others learn outside of your day to day work
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! We're open to all backgrounds and levels of experience, and we believe that great people can always find a place. People do their best work when they can be themselves, so we value uniqueness. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.