Associate Technical Solutions Engineer
Customer Success / Support
At Envoy, we do things differently. We believe in replacing the mundane with moments that delight. This idea started at the front desk, where we swapped outdated log books for iPads and set a whole new standard for visitor management. Since then, over 30 million guests have signed in with our product at more than 10,000 offices worldwide.
And now we’re looking past the lobby, to the mailroom, meeting rooms and beyond—and asking how can we make this better, too? By challenging the status quo of workplace technology, this is the mission we’re working toward every day.
If this world sounds exciting, we'd love for you to help us build it.
- Partner closely with sales and customer success managers to onboard Envoy’s largest customers.
- Assist the sales team with questionnaires and discussions around technical requirements while setting realistic expectations with customers.
- Work closely with a customer’s information technology, security, and legal teams to maintain compliance and user security standards.
- Maintain positive partner relationships and streamline the rollout of new cross-platform features to existing customers through Envoy’s third-party integrations.
- Partner closely with engineering and support to intercept support escalations in order to minimize resolution times and increase engineering resources devoted to new product development.
- Hunt down answers within data and logs to uncover sneaky product bugs.
- Advocate for Envoy’s customers and provide critical feedback to product and engineering teams to greatly influence the direction of our products.
- Educate coworkers on complex technical issues like SAML, SCIM, OAuth, Active Directory, and cloud infrastructure. (Learning opportunities provided, listed technologies background not required for the Associate role. Problem-solving nature is the key to success, Envoy will facilitate training and growth.)
- Scrappy. You have a hybrid of functional and technical skills that emphasize your problem-solving strategies and attention to detail.
- Comfortable communicating with high-level decision makers (IT directors, legal teams, and facilities managers) and can have the heart to heart conversations with software developers.
- An excellent communicator, both verbal and written.A self-starter and enjoy owning projects end-to-end. You thrive in small teams and enjoy the challenge of occasionally stepping outside your comfort zone to learn something new.
- Security conscious. As Envoy becomes commonplace around the world, the data we store will be more and more valuable. It is your job to make our storage practices a no-brainer for our customers and evangelize best practices.
- Interested in educating others and helping your team grow together.
- 0-2 years in a technical solutions engineering or partner engineering role.
- Alternatively 2+ years in a technical account management and or technical support roles.
- Basic SQL SELECT skillsYou know how the internet works (i.e. DNS, HTTP, TLS, Certificates, etc).
- Intermediate SQL skills with the ability to be easily trained to up-level knowledgeFamiliarity with git and command line toolsYou have a basic understanding of APIs; understanding of API architecture (i.e. entity hierarchy, statelessness, idempotent methods, etc) a plus.
- You have the ability to learn Ruby on Rails Active Record Query InterfaceUnderstanding of SAML (Security Assertion Markup Language) and Active Directory. Knowledge of SSO (Single Sign-On) access control also a plus.
- Experience installing/configuring IT infrastructure (e.g. switches, routers, VOIP, wireless).Experience with badge/ID printers, physical security, and digital security cameras.
- You're excited about working in a nimble and challenging startup environment.
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! We're open to all backgrounds and levels of experience, and we believe that great people can always find a place. People do their best work when they can be themselves, so we value uniqueness. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.