Envoy makes workplaces work better. With a focus on the details, we craft beautiful, modern software that elevates the workplace experience. Companies like Slack, Pinterest, Spotify, Nike, and American Express have worked with Envoy to welcome over 30 million visitors to more than 10,000 locations around the world. We are proudly backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Menlo Ventures, Initialized Capital, and many others.
Our mission is to challenge the status quo of workplace technology. This idea started at the front desk, where we set a new standard for visitor sign-in. Now, we’re looking around the office—to the mailroom, meeting rooms and beyond—and asking how can we make this better, too? We envision a world where technology is woven through our workplaces, all of it working together to make our time there delightful.
If this world sounds exciting, we’d love for you to help us build it.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Envoy is growing fast (getting close to 100 people) and with growth comes a ton of opportunities to use Data Analysis to solve problems, improve processes and simply make better decisions.
We value being a top-notch organization with a strong data and engineering-driven culture, and have the same high standards with our data, code, systems, and people. We value learning and growth (and not being bored) and hire fully-formed, diverse, well-rounded, communicative people we can envision being friends with and trusting.
The Data team today is made up of full-stack data analysts / scientists and we are looking for more data nerds (sort of a hybrid data analyst / scientist w/ some engineer in them). While we like full-stack, we know that each individual will bring a different set of skills. This role is mostly focused on working with folks across Envoy be more data-driven.
You have to love data for its power to drive actionable insights and empowering folks across the company. You’re a SQL master and enjoy using leading tools to instrument, clean, transform, model, and effectively visualize data. We happen to use Redshift, S3, Looker, Python, Segment, Heap, dbt, Stitch.
- Partner closely with anyone and everyone across the company to build dashboards, extract insights and empower them with data
- Help the Product team with Event Tracking, segmentation, funnel analysis, KPIs, experiments.
- Explore data from all sides of the business (Sales, Success, Marketing, Finance) and drive insights through dashboards, reports, and modeling (Marketing attribution models, churn prediction, account health)
- Drive quality into our data pipeline and ultimately data, be it through good standards, in-depth & helpful reviews, data validation methods, anomaly detection and alerting
- Facilitate decisions on standards, frameworks & tools, build vs use, and best practices. We try and keep our data and tools simple, clean, readable, and consistent to maximize our time on Envoy problems.
- Learn, teach, & share. With your fellow teammates and the world (blogs, open source, etc). It’s good for you, good for Envoy, and good for the world.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Domain Knowledge of SaaS Business Analytics or Product Analytics
- Experience with our tools: SQL, Looker, Python, AWS
- Experience with statistics, modeling, data visualizations
- Knowledge of & experience with where the data comes from and how it makes it through the pipeline into a query result or interface. You’ve worked 1st hand (or in close partnership with an engineer) with various data storage technologies, pipelines, ETL, and visualization systems at scale. We use PostgreSQL, Redshift, Looker, DBT, Stitch, Split.io.
- A passion for delivering high-quality actionable insights.
- A champion of quality, ensuring accuracy and reliability of data.
- A problem solver, not afraid to dive into a problem to understand root-causes.
- Communicative & empathetic. You are happy when helping others succeed.
- Fast-paced. You love the speed of and impact you have in startups.
- Constantly looking to learn, and improve how you work.
- Very high standards but practical, you know that perfect is the enemy of good.
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! We're open to all backgrounds and levels of experience, and we believe that great people can always find a place here. People do their best work when they can be themselves, so we value uniqueness. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.