Envoy’s mission is to challenge the status quo of workplace technology. Our story started at the front desk, where signing in with paper and pen used to be the norm. But Envoy set a new standard, and now visitors everywhere are signing in on iPads. To date, we've helped customers like Slack, Box, Github and Pinterest welcome over 27 million visitors in more than seven thousand offices worldwide.
And visitor management is just the beginning. We’re building a world where you'll know instantly when packages are delivered; where your office will unlock automatically when you arrive; where you'll be able to book a meeting room, simply by walking through the door.
If this world sounds exciting, we'd love for you to help us build it.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We’re looking for a systems person. You might call yourself a systems, dev tools, infra, or dev ops engineer, or Someone Who Makes Things Work. All you really care about is using tech to help people and enable teams to be better and faster, ensuring systems scale, perform, and are secure with appropriate efficiency.
Our team is a mix of product engineers creating beautiful, finely polished experiences and backend specialists focusing on scale, reliability, security, and performance. Challenging the status quo of workplace technology is a big problem with almost every type of technical challenge, so we look for fully-formed engineers that love solving problems and finding the best tools for the job.
We value being a top-notch organization with a strong engineering-driven culture, and have the same high standards with our code, systems, and people. We value learning and growth (and not being bored) and hire diverse, well-rounded, communicative people we can envision being friends with and trusting. Our projects tend to be 2 engineers max, so trust and accountability is required for us to work. Also helps us keep processes & overhead low. We appreciate that we've built a reasonably-sized, high-powered team so far (61 employees including 29 engineers) and are always striving to be the best place to work we can be.
If this sings to you, come join us!
More About the Job
- Build and support infrastructure for global enterprise scale, capable of thousands of requests per second.
- Support our culture of “you build it, you <watch, run, secure> it” through support and tooling that scales with a rapidly growing eng team. This includes: Dev tooling including CI/CD pipeline, testing systems & environments, Infrastructure services (the latest/best from Heroku, AWS, or even GCP), Monitoring, alerting tools, and methodologies, Security services & tooling
- Use external services whenever they make sense; we don’t need (or want) to build everything in-house!
- Support a little bit of tech for our employees, when/where appropriate.
- Emotionally mature & humble. You care about being effective over being right. Ideally you’ve made major changes & decisions in your life and learned from the results.
- Communicative & empathetic. You are happy when helping others succeed.
- An open-minded learner. You live to learn new things, like staying up to date on new technologies, tools, and techniques. You are inspired by what's possible as well as what people inside and outside Envoy know, and eager to incorporate the best into your work.
- Someone with extremely high standards. You’re practical and know perfect is the enemy of good, but you aspire for us to be great.
- An owner. You feel personally accountable and responsible and know seeing the problem is less than half of it. You look for problems and inefficiencies and find elegant solutions to them before they become major issues.
- Fast-paced. You love the speed of and impact you have in startups. Conversely you never, ever want to be a tiny cog in a gigantic machine.
- An advocate for the end user. You think about how our customers will interact with the service and champion positive changes.
- A systems thinker. You think about how your designs will affect other aspects of the service and how it will evolve in the future.
- Background and experience in software development, for example a Computer Science degree (or comparable) and several years’ working experience in non-trivial software development. Envoy is hiring at all levels of experience, so 15+ year vets are welcome!
- Knowledge of how the internet & networking works (i.e., DNS, HTTP, TLS, Certificates, etc) and the tools & services that enable people & devices to connect to our services (e.g., CDNs, proxies & load balancers).
- Knowledge of & experience with how computers work at scale (e.g. threads, virtualization, configuration management).
- Experience with Heroku, AWS, GCP, and/or an equivalent cloud services provider. It’d be a surprise if you didn’t at least play with AWS & GCP these past few years.
- Experience with scale & performance. You think people deserve access to their data in milliseconds. You worry about what happens when we have 100x more customers, but are practical and experienced to know how to solve what you need to right now.
- Experience with security systems, techniques, and tools. As Envoy becomes commonplace around the world, the data we store will be more and more valuable. It is your job to make our storage practices a no-brainer for our customers.
- You contribute to an open-source project or library of any sort.
- You’ve excited about working in a startup environment.
- Leadership experience. You’ve led a team to a good outcome a few times, and the team would reflect positively on it.
- Experience with achieving compliance certifications (SOC 2) and meeting regulations (GDPR, ITAR)
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! We're open to all backgrounds and levels of experience, and we believe that great people can always find a place. People do their best work when they can be themselves, so we value uniqueness. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
We’re open to candidates in the Pacific-Eastern time zones. Collaboration and the ease of chatting face to face is important to us.