At Envoy, we do things differently. We believe in replacing the mundane with moments that delight. This idea started at the front desk, where we swapped outdated log books for iPads and set a whole new standard for visitor management. Since then, over 30 million guests have signed in with our product at more than 10,000 offices worldwide.
And now we’re looking past the lobby, to the mailroom, meeting rooms and beyond—and asking how can we make this better, too? By challenging the status quo of workplace technology, this is the mission we’re working toward every day.
If this world sounds exciting, we'd love for you to help us build it.
PRODUCT AT ENVOY:
We are looking for a passionate User Experience (UX) researcher to join the product team as the first UX researcher at Envoy. In this role, you will help shape current and future product offerings by enabling the team to deeply understand user needs and behaviors..
Envoy is defined by great products, thoughtful design, and carefully crafted user experiences. We have sustained word-of-mouth growth and strong product-market fit, which gives us a unique opportunity to focus on delighting customers in unconventional ways. We’re a small team that values humility, self-motivation, and a willingness to learn difficult things. We believe that being a part of a strong product team is one of the most rewarding parts of our work.
- Work with product managers (PM), designers, and other stakeholders at various points in the product life cycle
- Define and prioritize user research questions based on collaborative discussions with key stakeholders
- Design, conduct, analyze, and report on user research which will include foundational studies on user needs, usability studies, rapid iterative testing and evaluation of prototypes and design mocks
- Handle all aspects of project management for studies which may include participant recruitment, selection and vetting of vendor tools, in addition to running the study
- Lead concurrent studies with minimal supervision
- Mentor more junior UX, PM, and other interested teammates in UX research best practices
- Visit clients at their offices for contextual inquiry, participatory design, and when other methodologies appropriately address certain research questions (Travel not expected to exceed 20% of your time)
- BA, BS, or MS in Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Sociology, Information Science, or similar field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional experience doing research in consumer / enterprise software or hardware
- Experience in various UX research methodologies, e.g., interviews, surveys, diary studies, heuristic evaluations
- Experience analyzing qualitative data and to a lesser extent, quantitative / statistical dataEffective team player and communicator
- Experience with enterprise or workplace management tools
- Experience building a UX research team
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! We're open to all backgrounds and levels of experience, and we believe that great people can always find a place. People do their best work when they can be themselves, so we value uniqueness. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.