Customer Support Specialist
New York City
Customer Success / Support
Envoy’s mission is to challenge the status quo of workplace technology. Our story started at the front desk, where signing in with paper and pen used to be the norm. But Envoy set a new standard, and now visitors everywhere are signing in on iPads. To date, we've helped customers like Slack, Box, Github and Pinterest welcome over 27 million visitors in more than seven thousand offices worldwide.
And visitor management is just the beginning. We’re building a world where you'll know instantly when packages are delivered; where your office will unlock automatically when you arrive; where you'll be able to book a meeting room, simply by walking through the door.
If this world sounds exciting, we'd love for you to help us build it.
You understand the value of outstanding customer support and love creating exceptional customer experiences. You have experience managing remote team members and have witnessed a support team scale from one timezone, to multiple timezones, to perhaps even a follow-the-sun model. You are not afraid of challenges or experimenting to find the best tools and processes. You are keenly aware of the challenges of managing a remote team but have strategies to champion inclusion and leverage technology to keep people connected.
- Address, prioritize, and close customer issues logged via email and live chat.
- Heavily influence support processes and shape the tone of Envoy’s customer support on a rapidly growing team that will span timezones.
- Occasionally jump on the phone with customers or use screen-share tools to help diagnose and resolve hardware, software, or workflow problems quickly.
- Work within a close-knit team to identify trends, bugs, and maintain accurate reporting.
- Become adept at troubleshooting a wide range of issues across hardware (mobile devices and printers), wireless connectivity, and software products.
- Tailor your communication among administrators, employees, and end-users seeking support.
- Surface common customer issues and help refine processes within the client success team.
- Be the voice of our valued customers and champion feature requests to the product team.
- 2+ years of work experience in a customer support role.
- The desire to go above and beyond to help customers achieve the best experience.
- Passion for problem-solving and the right attitude and aptitude for learning new technology in a fast paced startup.
- Excellent written and verbal skills; ability to explain the complex concepts in a simple manner.
- A skill for translating complex technical steps into easy to understand language.
- Willingness to work within New York City to support east coast and UK customers.
- Ability to travel to San Francisco, CA for one week a quarter to join company all-hands meetings.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working for a SaaS startup.
- Experience meeting SLAs like first response and issue resolution times.
- Experience with support tools and platforms like Zendesk and Intercom.
- Familiarity with Salesforce Apps and Web applications.
- Basic to working knowledge of SQL.
- Basic knowledge of web development technology.
- Experience working with Enterprise customers to help resolve complex technical issues.
- Knowledge and experience setting up and troubleshooting equipment like printers, network connectivity, and iPads.
- You understand how the internet works (i.e. DNS, HTTP, TLS, Certificates, etc).
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! We're open to all backgrounds and levels of experience, and we believe that great people can always find a place. People do their best work when they can be themselves, so we value uniqueness. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.