Envoy makes workplaces work better. With a focus on the details, we craft beautiful, modern software that elevates the workplace experience. Companies like Slack, Pinterest, Spotify, Nike, and American Express have worked with Envoy to welcome over 30 million visitors to more than 10,000 locations around the world. We are proudly backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Menlo Ventures, Initialized Capital, and many others.
Our mission is to challenge the status quo of workplace technology. This idea started at the front desk, where we set a new standard for visitor sign-in. Now, we’re looking around the office—to the mailroom, meeting rooms and beyond—and asking how can we make this better, too? We envision a world where technology is woven through our workplaces, all of it working together to make our time there delightful.
If this world sounds exciting, we’d love for you to help us build it.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for a HR Generalist to join the Envoy team. In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating between all departments in order to ensure proper information flow and also to provide the best employee experience. You will also be responsible for handling HR and compliance-related employee issues.
- Coordinate between all departments to ensure proper information flow and maintain accurate and up do date employee data across multiple database
- Assist and develop policies and procedures according to industry best practices
- Partner with HR and outside counsel to manage immigration matters
- Review and approve standard offers
- Administer and manage background checks
- Learn and understand full-cycle payroll: onboarding, bi-monthly payroll runs, offboarding, etc
- Coordinate out-of-state registrations for remote hires
- Ensure controls are in place and procedures are followed for periodic review of compliance with all applicable laws
- Conduct and manage new orientation; look for ways to improve the employee experience (onboarding to 90 days)
- Enroll new hires in benefits administration
- Serve as point of contact for general benefit, HR questions
- Issue spot and assist on employee relations matters
- Assist on project management of HR programs goals, feedback..
- Complete employment verifications, state and Department of Labor compliance documents
- Assemble monthly reports on HR metrics
- Assist with monthly surveys
- Facilitate team integration activities on an ad hoc basis
- 3+ years of experience in an HR, ideally at a start-up, in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Excellent customer service
- Strong team player
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical, planning, and prioritization skills
- Strong work ethic and a high level of discretion
- Strong organization, verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn new systems and processes
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly-changing environment and to work across teams
- Ability to think critically, work independently, and solve problems
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! We're open to all backgrounds and levels of experience, and we believe that great people can always find a place. People do their best work when they can be themselves, so we value uniqueness. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.