Technical Support Engineer
Customer Success / Support
Envoy’s mission is to challenge the status quo of workplace technology. Our story started at the front desk, where signing in with paper and pen used to be the norm. But Envoy set a new standard, and now visitors everywhere are signing in on iPads. To date, we've helped customers like Slack, Box, Github and Pinterest welcome over 27 million visitors in more than seven thousand offices worldwide.
And visitor management is just the beginning. We’re building a world where you'll know instantly when packages are delivered; where your office will unlock automatically when you arrive; where you'll be able to book a meeting room, simply by walking through the door.
If this world sounds exciting, we'd love for you to help us build it.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The technical solutions engineering team at Envoy lives within the success organization but touches every team (sales, product, engineering, finance, etc). TSEs are adaptable and have the uncanny ability to pick up new skills quickly. Each day is different and may involve assisting account executives with security questions, helping the engineering team set up on-premise hardware for development, QA’ing some experimental functionality of our iPad app, or jumping on an call to both triage and solve a customer issue. You might be a TSE if you are passionate about APIs, finding workarounds to make customers happy, and love playing with the latest technology.
- Partner closely with sales and customer success managers to onboard Envoy’s largest customers.
- Assist the sales team with questionnaires and discussions around technical requirements while setting realistic expectations with customers.
- Work closely with a customer’s information technology, security, and legal teams to maintain compliance and user security standards.
- Maintain positive partner relationships and streamline the rollout of new cross-platform features to existing customers through Envoy’s third party integrations.
- Partner closely with engineering and support to intercept support escalations in order to minimize resolution times and increase engineering resources devoted to new product development.
- Hunt down answers within data and logs to uncover sneaky product bugs.
- Advocate for Envoy’s customers and provide critical feedback to product and engineering teams to greatly influence the direction of our products.
- Educate coworkers on complex technical issues like SAML, OAuth, Active Directory, and cloud infrastructure.
- Scrappy. You have a hybrid of functional and technical skills that emphasize your problem-solving strategies and attention to detail.
- Comfortable communicating with high level decision makers (IT directors, legal teams, and facilities managers) and can have heart to heart conversations with software developers.
- An excellent communicator, both verbal and written.
- A self-starter and enjoy owning projects end-to-end. You thrive in small teams and enjoy the challenge of occasionally stepping outside your comfort zone to learn something new.
- Security conscious. As Envoy becomes commonplace around the world, the data we store will be more and more valuable. It is your job to make our storage practices a no-brainer for our customers and evangelize best practices.
- Interested in educating others and helping your team grow together.
- 2+ years in a technical solutions engineering or partner engineering role.
- Alternatively 4+ years in a technical account management role.
- SQL SELECT skills and can easily construct an INNER JOIN.
- Familiarity with git and command line tools.
- You know how the internet works (i.e. DNS, HTTP, TLS, Certificates, etc).
- You have a basic understanding of APIs; understanding of API architecture (i.e. entity hierarchy, statelessness, idempotent methods, etc) a plus.
- Understanding of SAML (Security Assertion Markup Language) and Active Directory. Knowledge of SSO (Single Sign-On) access control also a plus.
- Experience installing/configuring IT infrastructure (e.g. switches, routers, VOIP, wireless).
- Experience with badge/ID printers, physical security, and digital security cameras.
- You’ve excited about working in a nimble and challenging startup environment.
If this kind of work sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you! We're open to all backgrounds and levels of experience, and we believe that great people can always find a place. People do their best work when they can be themselves, so we value uniqueness. We never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.