Los Angeles, CA
Epirus is a venture-backed startup specializing in agile development of advanced defense systems. Our team, with founders from Stanford, Raytheon, and Google, combines decades of aerospace & defense experience with Silicon Valley innovation in order to address 21st century threats, such as drones and other asymmetric technologies.
Job objective: Design, verify, and integrate state-of-the-art digital systems and embedded processing solutions for RF applications.
- High comfort with implementing FPGA designs and embedded processing designs on embedded hardware
- Experience working with latest generation state of the art Xilinx/Intel Parts and associated tool sets (Vivado, Quartus)
- Skilled with Advanced High Speed Verilog/VHDL Designs including High Speed Memory Interfaces (DDR4, HBM) and High Speed SerDes IO and Protocols (100GE, JESD, Interlaken)
- Experience implementing Complex DSP Algorithms on FPGAs
- Development Experience of Integrated Embedded Applications (ARM, GPU)
- Undergraduate degree in computer or electrical engineering, preferably with high marks and honors
- US Citizen (future US Security Clearance will be required)
- Experience with design automation, scripting languages (TCL, Python, Perl, Matlab)
- Knowledge of Advanced Firmware Verification Testbench Development (UVM, System Verilog)
- Understanding of Digital and Mixed Signal PCB Design including Signal Integrity Analysis, FPGA Sizing Estimation and IO Selection
- Integration & Test and/or Design experience is ideal, in order to set up test procedures; participation in field testing a plus
- Aerospace/Defense experience and/or military experienceCurrent/Active Secret Security Clearance
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative; capable of working across all levels of the organizationOrganized; comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
Epirus was the magical bow with infinite arrows wielded by the Greek hero Theseus. Like our namesake, we strive to be fast, efficient, and limitless in our approach. This agility, combined with a culture of innovation in systems development, allows us to move quickly without losing the decades of lessons learned.
We have developed technologies that leverage new breakthroughs in sensors and high-power microwave, combined with computer vision and advanced software control. Our first broad-market application is a comprehensive defense system to defeat offensive drones at scale.