Machine Learning Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
Epirus is a venture-backed startup specializing in agile development of advanced defense systems. Our team, with founders from Stanford, Raytheon, and Google, combines decades of aerospace & defense experience with Silicon Valley innovation in order to address 21st century threats, such as drones and other asymmetric technologies.
Epirus is building cUAS technologies for engaging threats posed by unmanned drones. We’re developing impressive AI capabilities that provide the environmental awareness to comprehend a modern airspace occupied by aircrafts that are miniaturized, nimble, and fast-flying. If you are passionate about artificial intelligence, computer vision, or deep learning, we’d love to talk to you about opportunities on our team!
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or other related field (or equivalent professional experience)
- Fundamental knowledge of machine learning practice and theory, including model selection, development, optimization, and deployment
- Comfortable writing robust code in Python and using Python ecosystem mathematical packages (numpy, pandas, matplotlib, scipy, etc.)
- Experience with one or more ML model development frameworks (TensorFlow, Keras, scikit-learn, PyTorch, Caffe, Apache Spark)
- Strong knowledge of computer science concepts (algorithms, data structures, object- oriented programming, etc.)
- US Citizenship (Future security clearance will be required)
- Practical development of deep learning models using neural networks
- Experience with computer vision and related techniques (object recognition, motion estimation, etc)
Epirus was the magical bow with infinite arrows wielded by the Greek hero Theseus. Like our namesake, we strive to be fast, efficient, and limitless in our approach. This agility, combined with a culture of innovation in systems development, allows us to move quickly without losing the decades of lessons learned.
We have developed technologies that leverage new breakthroughs in sensors and high-power microwave, combined with computer vision and advanced software control. Our first broad-market application is a comprehensive defense system to defeat offensive drones at scale.