Radio Frequency (RF) Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
Epirus is a venture-backed startup specializing in agile development of advanced defense systems. Our team, with founders from Stanford, Raytheon, and Google, combines decades of aerospace & defense experience with Silicon Valley innovation in order to address 21st century threats, such as drones and other asymmetric technologies.
Job objective: Design, simulate, build, and test RF products, including RF circuit boards. The main duties of this role will be to create new RF power amplifier module designs/merge existing designs into new RF boards, simulate an RF board design in ADS or equivalent CAD tool, and get the design fabricated, assembled, and tested.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and build RF power amplifier modules
- RF amplifier modules range from low power all the way up to very high power, multi-kilowatt RF power out
- Design control and voltage inputs to power transistors such as Gallium Nitride
- Perform analysis of on-chip energy storage networks to source sufficient current and voltage to RF power amplifiers
- Simulate RF circuit board designs in ADS or equivalent CAD tool
- Perform schematic capture and layout of RF circuit board designs
- Manage vendors to get RF boards fabricated and assembled
- Testing RF hardware boards
- Undergraduate degree in electrical engineering
- Minimum 2 years’ engineering design experience
- US Citizen (future security clearance may be required)
Desired Qualifications for RF/High Power roles
- Experience with phased array RF design
- Expertise in high power RF (> MW peak) in test, simulation, and board design (electrical engineering)
- Integration & Test and/or Design experience is ideal, in order to set up test procedures; participation in field testing a plus
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative; capable of working across all levels of the organization
- Organized; comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
Epirus was the magical bow with infinite arrows wielded by the Greek hero Theseus. Like our namesake, we strive to be fast, efficient, and limitless in our approach. This agility, combined with a culture of innovation in systems development, allows us to move quickly without losing the decades of lessons learned.
We have developed technologies that leverage new breakthroughs in sensors and high-power microwave, combined with computer vision and advanced software control. Our first broad-market application is a comprehensive defense system to defeat offensive drones at scale.