Onboarding Adviser - Equals Connect
Chester, UK /
Full - time
Over the last 16 years, we have helped over a million satisfied customers move and manage their money. Our award-winning product portfolio allows our customers to make low-cost multi-currency payments across various payment products.
From travel money to transfers, currency hedging, to expense management, we are focused on a single goal of making it easy for our customers to manage and move their money.
As a business, we are committed to delivering value to our customers through the combination of advanced payments technology and personal expert service.
About the Role
As a business, we seek to hire talent that ensures different views and backgrounds are represented within the Group and actively encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds and experience to apply.
An Onboarding Advisor at the Equals Group is a proactive individual with investigation skills along with efficiency and setting an exceptional example to a client as the first line of interaction is incredibly important to start a relationship with the business and clients. Confident in their ability to work independently but also to be adaptable within a team to help across all products Equals offer. Working closely with the Compliance and Risk departments to ensure that Businesses and Individuals are Onboarded within the risk appetite and that are compliant within regulations all whilst maintaining a seamless process for the client. Taking the initiative to challenge processes to improve the team and that of other teams where relevant. Being an individual that can work efficiently whilst making sure all areas are completed correctly and growing the business. Always looking to push themselves to manage the workload and will learn new valuable skills inline with the business objectives.
- To perform Know Your Customer (KYC) and Know Your Business (KYB) checks on all pending applications promptly and accurately using the companies risk based strategy in order to convert to an active customer.
- To decision all pending applications as quickly and efficiently as possible ensuring all relevant processes are followed correctly
- To use investigation skills to gather proof to decide on whether we can proceed with an application or not in line with company policies
- To look at and determine if proofs received can be accepted as per our onboarding policy
- To ensure that all targets and objectives are met
- To accurately record and enter data into computer systems
- To ensure that product knowledge is kept updated
- To be conversant with the terms of business of the company
- To help and support customers in understanding terms, conditions, and procedures
- To ensure all processes are followed correctly
- To deal with customer correspondence and documentation in accordance with company procedures
- To undertake other associated duties in relation to the provision of customer requests
- To record and resolve any customer issues, concerns or complaints reporting them, as appropriate, to management
- To attend training courses and meetings as required
- To live the company values and ensure that others in your team do
- To undertake any other reasonable duties that may be required by your Team Leader / Manager
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to develop and maintain business relationships with potential and existing customers
- Knowledge and practical experience of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Numeracy and literacy skills
- Practical experience of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Previous relevant experience in a Onboarding role or financial services environment
Our investment in you
We aim to be a people-first business. We welcome people into the Equals group and desire to grow and develop our talented teams.
Our people are part of one group; we believe in teamwork and celebrating our successes. We live our values of ‘Succeed Together’, ‘Be the Customer, ‘Make it Happen’ and ‘Go Beyond’.
We believe in empowering conversations; that’s why we’ve invested in our managers and teams to ensure we bring out the best in each other. We want to put you in the driving seat of your career and achieve your full potential through growth opportunities and developmental support.
You will join an environment that encourages learning and knowledge sharing. Our managers and leaders will guide you to realise your ambitions.
•A competitive salary benchmarked against a peer group which will be reviewed annually
•Health insurance through BUPA
•Our Employee Assistance Programme offers a 24/7 confidential advice line for health, bereavement and other areas of support
•25 days holiday per year + your birthday off
•We are members of the cycle to work scheme
•We offer Season Ticket Loans
•Free onsite Nuffield Health gym & pool (London) and discounted gym membership elsewhere
•Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers
•Opportunities for progression, development and learning new skills.