Senior IT Support Technician
Chester, UK /
Digital services /
Full-Time / Permanent
Over the last 16 years, we have helped over a million satisfied customers move and manage their money. Our award-winning product portfolio allows our customers to make low-cost multi-currency payments across various payment products.
From travel money to transfers, currency hedging, to expense management, we are focused on a single goal of making it easy for our customers to manage and move their money.
As a business, we are committed to delivering value to our customers through the combination of advanced payments technology and personal expert service.
About the role
As a Senior IT Support Technician at the Equals Group, you will be responsible for a variety of processes including but not limited to assisting in the installation and maintenance of hardware, software and network in both cloud and physical environments. Working with other teams to ensure the most efficient work environment for staff, guests and yourself.
A self motivated person who can work efficiently both independently and as part of a team offering both on site and remote support to end users.
We believe that certain skills are essential in order to be successful in this role and these are detailed below. You may not have all the other skills we have outlined as described, we understand that and will still welcome your application. We will carry out individual interviews for shortlisted candidates and assess who is best suited for the role after we have discussed everything with you.
- Management, implementation and maintenance of core Server Infrastructure
- Supporting and managing Core Network Infrastructure
- Administration and implementation of Cloud Based Solutions
- Working as part of a team triaging and resolving inbound tickets within a Jira Service Desk environment
- Responsible for actioning Onboarding & Offboarding of employee accounts
- User workspace & meeting/video conference setup
- End-user hardware procurement
- Assisting in the management of cloud based phone system, including updating of automated IVR system
- Supporting users on both Windows and Mac operating systems
- Assisting with management of anti virus system in place, investigating any issues identified
- Working within our policies, procedures and relevant legislation Hardware asset management and inventory
- Experience in a similar IT based role
- Experience with Cisco Networking and appliances
- Powershell / Batch Scripting / Exchange Powershell experience
- Understanding of business technologies and how these work (training in the specific technologies relevant to the role will be given)
- Problem Solving/Diagnostic ability
- Previous experience on Windows Server and Active Directory Infrastructure
- Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace administration knowledge
- A role model for our values: Make it happen, Succeed together, Be the customer and Go beyond
- Great at managing a high-paced workload
- AWS exposure
- Exposure to programming languages
- Experience on a online cloud based customer support software
- Previous phone system and IVR knowledge
- Strong documentation skills
We believe that certain skills are essential in order to be successful in this role and these are detailed above. You may not have all the other skills we have outlined as desirable, we understand that and will still welcome your application. We will carry out individual interviews for shortlisted candidates and assess who is best suited for the role after we have discussed everything with you
Our investment in you
We aim to be a people-first business. We welcome people into the Equals group and desire to grow and develop our talented teams.
Our people are part of one group; we believe in teamwork and celebrating our successes. We strive to embrace our values of ‘Succeed Together’, ‘Be the Customer, ‘Make it Happen’ and ‘Go Beyond’.
We believe in empowering conversations; that’s why we’ve invested in our managers and teams to ensure we bring out the best in each other. We want to put you in the driving seat of your career and achieve your full potential through growth opportunities and developmental support.
You will join an environment that encourages learning and knowledge sharing. Our managers and leaders will guide you to realise your drivers and promote your motivating career plan.
When you join the Equals Group, we help you get more out of your career, to get more out of life.
● A competitive salary benchmarked against a peer group.
● 25 days holiday per year + your birthday off
● Bupa Private Healthcare
● Bupa Mental Health Services & EAP
● Opportunities for progression, development and learning new skills.
● Free onsite Nuffield Health gym & pool (London) and discounted gym membership elsewhere.
● Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers.
● A flexible working environment
● Cycle to Work Scheme
● Enhanced Maternity & Paternity pay
● Season Ticket Loans
● x3 Annual Salary Life Assurance
● A flexible working environment
We operate a hybrid working arrangement where possible, which means that for some roles you will be able to work remotely for some days of the week. However, we still want employees to collaborate in person at both our London and Chester offices, and therefore, candidates will need to still be a comfortable commuting distance from either location for the days you are required to work from or come into the office.