London, UK /
Full-Time / Permanent
Who We Are
Over the last 14 years, we have helped over a million satisfied customers move and manage their money. Our award-winning product portfolio allows our customers to make low-cost multi-currency payments across various payment products. From travel money to transfers, currency hedging, to expense management, we are focused on a single goal of making it easy for our customers to manage and move their money.
As a business, we are committed to delivering value to our customers through the combination of advanced payments technology and personal expert service. We’re doing this by hiring exceptional people. We are looking for a designer who can help build, develop and evolve the Equals Group product design capabilities. With our headquarters in London, Chester and Los Angeles, the Equals Group comprises of three business lines and brands - Equals Money, FairFX and CardOneMoney.
You will join a very close-knit, talented and supportive team from various backgrounds who believe that bringing different perspectives together helps us understand our customers' needs. United, by one thing, making money management straightforward and cost-effective for our customers.
A designer at the Equals Group is a creative and imaginative thinker dedicated to producing exceptional, cutting edge work.
Confident in their ability to design creatively with an assured style, they seek to push the boundaries of a range of cross-platform digital work.
Working closely with other designers and the broader company, they help execute projects of all sizes and complete them with resourcefulness and dedication, taking the initiative to challenge briefs and exceed expectations.
You will be an ambitious person who will work on end-to end-digital products and experiences and take ownership of them. Providing business impact and driving continuous improvement whilst stretching themselves and learning new skills.
You will have
- Strong experience of UX-research methodology, UI, interaction design and HCI principles, with the ability to execute innovative, visually beautiful and commercially viable concepts.
- Excellent knowledge of best practice web and product design, customer experience, information architecture and user interface design, including an awareness of accessibility standards.
- Organisational skills to conduct interviews and user testing sessions and gather research.
- A clear understanding of creating, updating and working with brand guidelines and design systems.
- Ability to produce high-quality interaction design solutions, exhibited in wireframes, specification documentation and prototypes.
- Empathy for our customers delves deep into user personas, journeys, wireframes, prototypes and final product testing.
- Understand their wants and needs and translate their findings into best-in-class product design.
- Experience driving each stage of the process, from user research, wireframing and prototyping to user testing and delivering high-fidelity prototypes.
- Experience working in agile development environments.
- Motivated and driven with a strong sense of belief coupled with a flexible, pragmatic approach and willingness to adapt your ideas where necessary.
- Thrives on delivering work that they are proud of but not precious and can take feedback.
- Independent, self-starter, taking on responsibility and driving continuous improvement.
- Loves change for the better and has the energy and drive to work within a fast-paced environment on multiple directives.
- Passionate about all things digital and eager to find out about new technologies.
- Has good awareness of developments in the industry to share and inform the team.
- Problem-solving, logical thinker with meticulous/pixel-perfect attention to detail (layout, colour, typography), all applied with consideration for accessibility and consistency.
- Quality control is embedded in every piece of design output.
- High levels of communication expertise, liaising with other teams across the business, e.g. sales, marketing, product and engineering teams, acting as an ambassador for the design team’s credibility and process.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards and act as a custodian of consistent design and narrative.
- Be able to create interactive prototypes to test your ideas
- Have strong experience using Adobe CC, in-depth knowledge of Figma and experience of creating sites in Webflow.
- A role model for our values: Make things happen, Succeed together, Be the customer and Go beyond
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against a peer group of the most innovative fintech companies in London.
- 25 days holiday per year + your birthday off
- Opportunities for progression, development and learning new skills.
- Free onsite Nuffield Health gym & pool (London) and discounted gym membership elsewhere
- Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers.
- A flexible working environment Currently, the company is embracing remote working and open to flexible working arrangements. Ideally, we would want employees to collaborate in person at our London or Chester offices, and therefore, the candidate needs to be comfortable commuting distance from either location.
- Bupa Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
The role is varied, and the specification listed above portrays the ideal candidate. You do not need to possess all of these skills to apply. We will review every applicant on an individual basis to determine a good fit.
Please supply a portfolio of work and examples of your latest design projects and thought process with your application. Submissions without design examples will not be considered.
Our investment in you
We aim to be a ‘people first’ business. We welcome people into the Equals group and aim to grow and develop our talented teams.
Our people are part of one group, we believe in teamwork and celebrating our successes. We strive to embrace our values of ‘Succeed Together’, ‘Be the Customer, ‘Make it Happen’ and ‘Go Beyond.
We believe in empowering conversations, that’s why we’ve invested in our managers and teams to ensure we bring out the best in each other. We want to put you in the driving seat of your career so you can reach your full potential through growth opportunities and developmental support.
You will join an environment that encourages learning and knowledge sharing. Our managers and leaders will guide you to realise your personal drivers and encourage development of your own motivating career plan.
When you join the Equals Group we help you get more out of your career, to get more out of life.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
25 days holiday per year plus an additional day for your birthday
Bupa Health Insurance
Enhanced maternity package
Season Ticket Loans
Cycle to Work Scheme
Free onsite Nuffield Health gym & pool (London) and discounted gym membership (Chester)
Opportunities for progression, development and learning new skills
Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers
Autoenrollment Pension Scheme
A flexible working environment Currently, the company is embracing remote working and open to flexible working arrangements. Ideally, we would want employees to collaborate in person at our London or Chester offices, and therefore, the candidate needs to be comfortable commuting distance from either location.
Note to recruiters: We have a preferred supply list and use an ATS portal for CV submissions. Any unsolicited CV's sent directly to hiring managers outside of process will not be subject to a recruitment fee.