C# .NET Developer
Chester, UK /
Over the last 14 years, we have helped over a million satisfied customers move and manage their money. Our award-winning product portfolio allows our customers to make low-cost multi-currency payments across various payment products.
From travel money to transfers, currency hedging, to expense management, we are focused on a single goal of making it easy for our customers to manage and move their money.
As a business, we are committed to delivering value to our customers through the combination of advanced payments technology and personal expert service
About the role
- A software developer at the Equals Group has a passion for writing accurate, high-quality, and efficient code. Able to work collaboratively as part of a team or as an individual, they are good communicators who can prioritise workloads effectively. Passionate about creating new ideas and solutions, they are a highly motivated individual, eager to learn new technologies and continuously look for ways to improve their abilities
- Working closely with other software developers and product owners, they help build innovative solutions and deliver ground-breaking new products and features while adhering to technical, architectural, and coding standards
- We believe that certain skills are essential in order to be successful in this role and these are detailed below. You may not have all the other skills we have outlined as desirable, we understand that and will still welcome your application
- We will carry out individual interviews for shortlisted candidates and assess who is best suited for the role after we have discussed everything with you
- A role model for our values: Make it happen, Succeed together, Be the customer & Go beyond
- Work with your team to build and maintain backend systems
- Work with product and design to ensure that feature work is well understood and provide accurate estimates
- Review code, providing constructive feedback ensuring that all code is secure and written to a high standard
- Work with the QA team to produce high-quality products and features
- Maintain and provide technical support for existing systems
- Mentor and coach less senior members of staff
- Run scrum ceremonies
- C# .NET
- SQL Server
- Agile best practices
- Mobile app development
- .NET 5
- Experience with using dependency injection in APIs
Our investment in you
We welcome people into the Equals group and desire to grow and develop our talented teams. We believe in teamwork and celebrating our successes. We strive to embrace our values. We want to put you in the driving seat of your career and achieve your full potential through growth opportunities and developmental support.
When you join the Equals Group, we aim to help you to get more out of your career. We will also offer you the following benefits;
● A competitive salary benchmarked against a peer group
● 25 days holiday per year + your birthday off
● Opportunities for progression, development and learning new skills
● Free onsite Nuffield Health gym & pool (London) and discounted gym membership elsewhere
● Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers
● We operate a hybrid working arrangement where possible
Where possible we offer the opportunity to work flexibly and the opportunity to balance some remote working with time in the office collaborating, taking part in events and developing the social connections that make working with us rewarding.
Equals strives to create a workplace where we can all be ourselves. We believe in inclusion and the power of diversity, so you'll be encouraged to bring your unique perspectives and experiences, and help us understand what you need to do your best work.