Mid Back End Developer (Node.js)
Full-Time / Permanent
Who we are
Over the last thirteen years, we have helped over a million satisfied customers move and manage their money. Our award-winning product portfolio allows our customers to make low-cost multi-currency payments across a range of payment products. From travel money to money transfers, currency hedging to expense management, we are focused on a single goal of making it easy for our customers to manage and move their money.
You will join a very close-knit, talented and supportive team from a variety of backgrounds who believe that bringing different perspectives together helps us understand our customers' needs. Technology is at the heart of what we do, and the business is committed to delivering value to our customers through the combination of advanced payments technology and expert personal service. We're united by one thing - we aim to help customers get more for their money - so they can make the most of their time.
*Please note this Job is UK based not US
We come from a variety of backgrounds and passionately believe that bringing different perspectives together helps us understand what our customers need. We have people with technical degrees, non-graduates, people at the start of their careers as well as highly experienced team members. For lots of us this is the first time we have worked in financial services. We're united by one thing - we're passionate about building great products.
Our technology team works in small, cross functional squads - forming part of a fun, hardworking and exceptionally supportive team of around 60 engineers. We are looking to hire a Node.js developer to help us bring a ground-breaking new product to market.
- We are looking for a good communicator, with an open and collaborative approach
- Have a passion to write efficient and clean commented code
- Be highly organised, able to prioritise workload effectively with attention to detail
- Be proactive and motivated
Duties & Responsibilities
- Build and maintain backend Node.js services
- Ensure code quality by writing automated tests
- Deploying code to production on a regular basis
- Monitoring the health of the services we build
- Agile best practices.
- Software engineering practices like BDD, TDD, Pair Programming etc.
We use the following technologies, you may not know them all but you’ll be interested to learn if not
Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen, and a 60 minute interview. We usually do a very simple coding task, but there are no trick questions.
- A salary of £29,000-£35,000/year
- 25 days holiday per year + your birthday off
- Tons of opportunities for progression and development
- Free onsite Nuffield Health gym & pool (London) and discounted gym membership elsewhere
- Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers
- A flexible working environment We have offices in London and Chester and it would be ideal to occasionally collaborate at one of these locations, although we are working fully remotely currency and open to a fully remote candidate
Our investment in you
We aim to be a ‘people first’ business. We welcome people into the Equals group and aim to grow and develop our talented teams.
Our people are part of one group, we believe in teamwork and celebrating our successes. We strive to embrace our values of ‘Succeed Together’, ‘Be the Customer, ‘Make it Happen’ and ‘Go Beyond.
We believe in empowering conversations, that’s why we’ve invested in our managers and teams to ensure we bring out the best in each other. We want to put you in the driving seat of your career so you can reach your full potential through growth opportunities and developmental support.
You will join an environment that encourages learning and knowledge sharing. Our managers and leaders will guide you to realise your personal drivers and encourage development of your own motivating career plan.
When you join the Equals Group we help you get more out of your career, to get more out of life.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note to recruiters: We have a preferred supply list and use an ATS portal for CV submissions. Any unsolicited CV's sent directly to hiring managers outside of process will not be subject to a recruitment fee.