London, UK /
Over the last 16 years, we have helped over a million satisfied customers move and manage their money. Our award-winning product portfolio allows our customers to make low-cost multi-currency payments across various payment products.
From travel money to transfers, currency hedging, to expense management, we are focused on a single goal of making it easy for our customers to manage and move their money.
As a business, we are committed to delivering value to our customers through the combination of advanced payments technology and personal expert service
We are looking for a team player who is proficient in SQL and enjoys problem solving. Someone with a friendly and collaborative mindset who can easily move from task to task and help out others when needed.
You will be working closely with a number of different engineers across multiple departments including the Products, Engineering, Technical Support and Customer Services teams. We are looking for someone who can help assist across the board when required.
Our ideal candidate would be someone who will work closely with other product designers and engineers, to help execute projects of all sizes and complete them with resourcefulness and dedication, taking the initiative to challenge briefs and exceed expectations. Providing business impact and driving continuous improvement whilst stretching themselves and learning new skills.
About the role
- Our technology team works in small, cross functional squads - forming part of a fun, hardworking and exceptionally supportive team of around 50 engineers.
- We are looking to hire a Support Engineer to help us support a ground-breaking new product to market and and our highly successful FairFX product.
- Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen, and a 60 minute interview. We usually do a very simple task, but there are no trick questions.
- A good communicator, with an open and collaborative approach
- Passionate about writing efficient, clean, and well documented code
- Highly organised; and able to prioritise workload effectively with attention to detail
- Proactive and motivated
- Enjoys working closely with product owners & stakeholders
- Engaged and with technology and industry trends
- Curious and motivated by doing the best job you can
- Loves to work in a collaborative environment
- Eager to try new things
- A role model for our values: Make it happen, Succeed together, Be the customer and Go beyond
- Provide support and issue resolution for our customer service and dealer desks
- Assist with development and service delivery of products and features
- Ensure code quality by writing automated tests
- Identifying any trends with inbound ticket queues and raising any concerns
- Clearly communicating between departments to provide updates or rolling out of any changes.
- Work with team members to ensure that implementations are done to the highest standard
- Professionally handling sensitive user information and financial data in a safe, secure manner
- Team player
- Previous experience in a support role
- Knowledge of Slack, Hubspot and Notion are also beneficial
Our investment in you
We aim to be a people-first business. We welcome people into the Equals group and desire to grow and develop our talented teams.
Our people are part of one group; we believe in teamwork and celebrating our successes. We live our values of ‘Succeed Together’, ‘Be the Customer, ‘Make it Happen’ and ‘Go Beyond’.
We believe in empowering conversations; that’s why we’ve invested in our managers and teams to ensure we bring out the best in each other. We want to put you in the driving seat of your career and achieve your full potential through growth opportunities and developmental support.
You will join an environment that encourages learning and knowledge sharing. Our managers and leaders will guide you to realise your ambitions.
●A competitive salary benchmarked against a peer group.
●25 days holiday per year + bank holidays and your birthday off
●Enhanced maternity and paternity
●3 x life insurance
●Contributory pension scheme
●Individual private medical insurance
●Comprehensive employee assistance programme offering
●Free eye test & £50 towards the cost of glasses
●Cycle to work scheme
●Season ticket loans
●Free onsite Nuffield Health gym & pool (London) and discounted gym membership elsewhere
●Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers.
●Hybrid working arrangement where possible, which means that for some roles you will be able to work remotely for some days of the week. However, we still want employees to collaborate in person at both our London and Chester offices, and therefore, candidates will need to still be a comfortable commuting distance from either location for the days you are required to work from or come into the office.