IT Support Technician
Chester, UK /
Digital services /
Over the last 14 years, we have helped over a million satisfied customers move and manage their money. Our award-winning product portfolio allows our customers to make low-cost multi-currency payments across various payment products.
From travel money to transfers, currency hedging, to expense management, we are focused on a single goal of making it easy for our customers to manage and move their money.
As a business, we are committed to delivering value to our customers through the combination of advanced payments technology and personal expert service
About the role
- An IT Support Technician at the Equals Group will be responsible for assisting in the install and maintenance of hardware, software and network
- Working with other teams to ensure the most efficient work environment for staff
- A self motivated person who can work efficiently both independently and as part of a team offering both on site and remote support to end users
- We believe that certain skills are essential in order to be successful in this role and these are detailed below
- You may not have all the other skills we have outlined as described, we understand that and will still welcome your application.
- We will carry out individual interviews for shortlisted candidates and assess who is best suited for the role after we have discussed everything with you
- A role model for our values: Make it happen, Succeed together, Be the customer & Go beyond
- Working as part of a team triaging and resolving inbound tickets within a Jira Service Desk environment
- Responsible for actioning Onboarding & Offboarding of employee accounts
- User workspace & meeting/video conference setup
- End-user hardware procurement
- Assisting in the management of cloud based phone system, including updating of automated IVR system
- Supporting users on both Windows OS and Mac OS
- Assisting with management of anti virus system in place, investigating any issues identified
- Working within our policies, procedures and relevant legislation
- Experience in a similar IT based role
- Understanding of business technologies and how these work
- Training in the specific technologies relevant to the role will be given
- Problem solving/Diagnostic ability
- Previous experience on Windows Server and Active Directory
- Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace administration knowledge
- Great at managing a high-paced workload
- Experience on a online cloud based customer support software
- Previous phone system and IVR knowledge
We welcome people into the Equals Group and desire and develop our talented teams. We believe in teamwork and celebrating our successes. We strive to embrace our values. We want to put you in the driving seat of your own career and achieve your full potential through growth opportunities and development support.
When you join the Equals Group, we aim to help you to get more out of your career.
We will also offer you the following benefits:
A competitive salary benchmarked against a peer group
25 days holiday per year + your birthday off
Opportunities for progression, development and learning new skills
Discounted gym membership
Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers
We operate a hybrid working arrangement where possible
Where possible we offer the opportunity to work flexibly and the opportunity to balance some remote working with time in the office collaborating, taking part in events and developing the social connections that make working with us rewarding.
Equals Group strives to create a workplace where we can all be ourselves. We believe in inclusion, equality and the power of diversity, so you’ll be encouraged to bring your unique perspectives and experiences, and help us understand what you need to do your best work.