Customer Service Adviser
Chester, UK /
Customer Service /
Full - time
To provide a professional and effective service to customers dealing with all matters in a prompt and efficient manner and ensuring that the needs of the customer are met.
- To deal with day-to-day customer queries
- To respond to incoming calls & emails promptly
- To respond to secure messaging in a prompt and professional manner.
- To receive and respond courteously and efficiently to all customer enquiries.
- To ensure that all targets are adhered to.
- To accurately record and enter data into computer systems
- To promote the cross sell of company products, mainly over the telephone to ensure that product knowledge is kept updated.
- To be conversant with the terms of business of the company
- To help and support customers in understanding terms, conditions, and procedures.
- To ensure that all objectives are met.
- To undertake other associated duties in relation to the provision of customer requests
- To record and resolve any customer issues, concerns or complaints reporting them, as appropriate, to management
- To attend training courses and meetings as required
- To undertake any other reasonable duties that may be required from time to time by your Team Manager
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to develop and maintain business relationships with potential and existing customers Knowledge and practical experience of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Numeracy and literacy skills
- Previous relevant experience in a customer services/financial services environment desirable
Our investment in you
We aim to be a ‘people first’ business. We welcome people into the Equals group and aim to grow and develop our talented teams.
Our people are part of one group, we believe in teamwork and celebrating our successes. We strive to embrace our values of ‘Succeed Together’, ‘Be the Customer, ‘Make it Happen’ and ‘Go Beyond.
We believe in empowering conversations, that’s why we’ve invested in our managers and teams to ensure we bring out the best in each other. We want to put you in the driving seat of your career so you can reach your full potential through growth opportunities and developmental support.
You will join an environment that encourages learning and knowledge sharing. Our managers and leaders will guide you to realise your personal drivers and encourage development of your own motivating career plan.
When you join the Equals Group we help you get more out of your career, to get more out of life.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
25 days holiday per year plus an additional day for your birthday
Bupa Health Insurance
Enhanced maternity package
Season Ticket Loans
Cycle to Work Scheme
Free onsite Nuffield Health gym & pool (London) and discounted gym membership (Chester)
Opportunities for progression, development and learning new skills
Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers
Autoenrollment Pension Scheme
A flexible working environment Currently, the company is embracing remote working and open to flexible working arrangements. Ideally, we would want employees to collaborate in person at our London or Chester offices, and therefore, the candidate needs to be comfortable commuting distance from either location.
Note to recruiters: We have a preferred supply list and use an ATS portal for CV submissions. Any unsolicited CV's sent directly to hiring managers outside of process will not be subject to a recruitment fee.