Customer Sales Adviser
Chester, UK /
Customer Service /
Full-Time / Permanent
Over the last 16 years, we have helped over a million satisfied customers move and manage their money. Our award-winning product portfolio allows our customers to make low-cost multi-currency payments across various payment products.
From travel money to transfers, currency hedging, to expense management, we are focused on a single goal of making it easy for our customers to manage and move their money.
As a business, we are committed to delivering value to our customers through the combination of advanced payments technology and personal expert service
With our headquarters in London, Chester and Los Angeles, the Equals Group comprises of three business lines and brands - Equals Money, FairFX and CardOneMoney. You will join a very close-knit, talented, and supportive team from various backgrounds who believe that bringing different perspectives together helps us understand our customers' needs. United, by one thing, making money management straightforward and cost-effective for our customers.
About the role
A Customer Sales Adviser at the Equals Group is a proactive individual with thorough product knowledge and superb negotiation skills. With emphasis on efficiency, they will set an exceptional example to a client as the first point of contact. Building a rapport, understanding customers’ needs and providing a solution to their individual requirements. Confident in their ability to work independently and take ownership of their own workload, whilst remaining adaptable within the Team to ensure all business objectives are met.
Working closely with On-Boarding and Fraud departments to ensure all applications sold are within risk appetite, compliance, and regulations, whilst maintaining a seamless process for the client.
An excellent conversationalist with an ambition to deliver outstanding results continuously. Providing business impact and driving continuous improvement whilst stretching themselves and learning new skills.
- We believe that certain skills are essential in order to be successful in this role and these are detailed below. You may not have all the other skills we have outlined as desirable; we understand that and will still welcome your application. We will carry out individual interviews for shortlisted candidates and assess who is best suited for the role after we have discussed everything with you.
- Consider eligibility of all applicants prior to contact.
- Contact all qualified new applicants promptly and accurately using agreed strategies.
- Convert pending KYA applications to a point where an on-boarding team decision can be made.
- Ensure all agreed processes are followed correctly.
- Establish and maintain up to date product knowledge.
- Accurately record and enter data onto computer systems.
- Understand business activities in relation to the terms and conditions of products offered.
- To ensure all KPI’s, targets and objectives are met.
- To record and resolve customer issues, concerns or complaints and report them to management.
- Attend meetings and training courses as required.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties that may be required by your Team Manager.
- Deliver exceptional customer service and build strong client relationships.
- Follow agreed scripting and agenda for all telephone contact.
- Adhere to agreed contact strategy for all allocated applications.
- Track own individual sales and measured KPI’s.
- Drive, generate and retain sales revenue.
- Outstanding customer service skills and exceptional telephone manner.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail, listening and retention skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Numeracy and literacy skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Knowledge and practical experience of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- A role model for our values:
- Make it happen
- Succeed together
- Be the customer
- Go beyond
- Practical experience of MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Previous relevant Sales experience
Our investment in you
We aim to be a people-first business. We welcome people into the Equals group and desire to grow and develop our talented teams.
Our people are part of one group; we believe in teamwork and celebrating our successes. We live our values of ‘Succeed Together’, ‘Be the Customer, ‘Make it Happen’ and ‘Go Beyond’.
We believe in empowering conversations; that’s why we’ve invested in our managers and teams to ensure we bring out the best in each other. We want to put you in the driving seat of your career and achieve your full potential through growth opportunities and developmental support.
You will join an environment that encourages learning and knowledge sharing. Our managers and leaders will guide you to realise your ambitions.
●A competitive salary benchmarked against a peer group.
●25 days holiday per year + bank holidays and your birthday off
●Enhanced maternity and paternity
●3 x life insurance
●Contributory pension scheme
●Individual private medical insurance
●Comprehensive employee assistance programme offering
●Free eye test & £50 towards the cost of glasses
●Cycle to work scheme
●Season ticket loans
●Free onsite Nuffield Health gym & pool (London) and discounted gym membership elsewhere
●Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers.
●Hybrid working arrangement where possible, which means that for some roles you will be able to work remotely for some days of the week. However, we still want employees to collaborate in person at both our London and Chester offices, and therefore, candidates will need to still be a comfortable commuting distance from either location for the days you are required to work from or come into the office.