Engineering Team Lead
London, UK /
Over the last 14 years, we have helped over a million satisfied customers move and manage their money. Our award-winning product portfolio allows our customers to make low-cost multi-currency payments across various payment products.
From travel money to transfers, currency hedging, to expense management, we are focused on a single goal of making it easy for our customers to manage and move their money.
As a business, we are committed to delivering value to our customers through the combination of advanced payments technology and personal expert service
Our technology team works in small, cross functional squads - forming part of a fun, hardworking and exceptionally supportive team of around 60 engineers.
We are looking to hire a Engineering Team Lead to help us bring a ground-breaking new product to market and manage a team of talented and passionate engineers.
Who you are
- We are looking for a good communicator, with an open and collaborative approach
- Have a passion to write efficient and clean commented code
- Be highly organised; and able to prioritise workload effectively with attention to detail
- Be proactive and motivated
- Work with product owners & stakeholders effectively
- Work with your team to build and maintain front end & mobile web applications
- Ensure code quality by writing automated tests
- Work with team members to ensure that implementations are done to the highest standard
- Deploying code to production on a regular basis
- Monitoring the health of the services we build
- Drive the technical direction of the Front end applications
- Liaise and collaborate with senior developers and leads in other areas of our systems
- Code review and feedback on code quality to ensure that all code is to a high standard
- Help the team support and maintain older systems alongside current feature work
- Mentor and coach less senior members of the team
- Encourage a sense of ownership in the team to ensure all developers feel invested in our products
- Run scrum ceremonies
- Work with product and design to ensure that feature work is well understood and timelines are realistic
Desirable skills in the following areas
- Agile best practices.
- Software engineering practices like BDD, TDD, Pair Programming etc.
We look for candidates that are
- Passionate about creating new ideas and solutions
- Excited to try new things
- Loves to learn and continuously looking at ways to do so
- Fully engaged and with technology and industry trends
- Curious and motivated by doing the best job they can
- Loves to work in a collaborative environment
- Eager to try new things and push themselves out of their comfort zone
- A competitive salary benchmarked against a peer group.
- 25 days holiday per year + your birthday off
- Opportunities for progression, development and learning new skills.
- Free onsite Nuffield Health gym & pool (London) and discounted gym membership elsewhere
- Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers
Our investment in you
We aim to be a ‘people first’ business. We welcome people into the Equals group and aim to grow and develop our talented teams.
Our people are part of one group, we believe in teamwork and celebrating our successes. We strive to embrace our values of ‘Succeed Together’, ‘Be the Customer, ‘Make it Happen’ and ‘Go Beyond'.
We believe in empowering conversations, that’s why we’ve invested in our managers and teams to ensure we bring out the best in each other. We want to put you in the driving seat of your career so you can reach your full potential through growth opportunities and developmental support.
You will join an environment that encourages learning and knowledge sharing. Our managers and leaders will guide you to realise your personal drivers and encourage development of your own motivating career plan.
When you join the Equals Group we help you get more out of your career, to get more out of life.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We operate a hybrid working arrangement where possible, which means that for some roles you will be able to work remotely for some days of the week. However, we still want employees to collaborate in person at both our London and Chester offices, and therefore, candidates will need to still be a comfortable commuting distance from either location for the days you are required to work from or come into the office.
Note to recruiters: We have a preferred supply list and use an ATS portal for CV submissions. Any unsolicited CV's sent directly to hiring managers outside of process will not be subject to a recruitment fee.