Broker Support Executive
London, UK /
Full-Time / Permanent
Over the last 16 years, we have helped over a million satisfied customers move and manage their money. Our award-winning product portfolio allows our customers to make low-cost multi-currency payments across various payment products.
From travel money to transfers, currency hedging, to expense management, we are focused on a single goal of making it easy for our customers to manage and move their money.
As a business, we are committed to delivering value to our customers through the combination of advanced payments technology and personal expert service.
We’re doing this by hiring exceptional people and are now looking for a ‘Broker Support Executive’ to join our team.
With our headquarters in London, the Equals Group comprises of four business lines and brands - Equals Money, FairFX, Equals Connect and CardOneMoney. You will join a very close-knit, talented and supportive team from various backgrounds who believe that bringing different perspectives together helps us understand our customers' needs. We are united by one thing, making money management straightforward and cost-effective for our customers.
As a business, we seek to hire talent that ensures different views and backgrounds are represented within the Group and actively encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds and experience to apply.
About the role
As a ‘Broker Support Executive’ at the Equals Group you will be working as part of a dedicated team to help support the groups White Label revenue Partners.
Equals Group provides each of its’ White Label partners with a unique, company branded client-facing and back-office system for the provision of FX and International Payment services. We utilise our strong operational framework and appropriate regulatory licences to build strategic partnerships, allowing us to acquire a large market share, quickly but in a controlled manner.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the White Labels and providing a first-class service. You will act as a point of contact between our partners and the various internal teams. Through this role, you will gain a well-rounded understanding of the International Payments industry, ranging from FX Markets and Dealing to Settlements and Compliance.
- We believe that certain skills are ‘essential’ in order to be successful in this role and these are detailed below. You may not have all the other skills we have outlined as ‘desirable’, but we will still welcome your application if you feel the role is right for you. We will carry out individual interviews for shortlisted candidates and assess who is best suited for the role, after we have discussed everything with you.
- Answering phone calls and responding to emails from White Labels
- Processing new client applications
- Booking client orders
- Monitoring unpaid transactions
- Requesting bank payment confirmations
- Adding new beneficiary details
- Obtaining Anti-Money Laundering documentation
- Submitting Credit applications
- Obtaining market (spot and forward) prices
- Actioning various payment / order instructions
- Assisting with payment queries, traces and recalls
- Payment reconciliation and balance management
- Attention to detail and an understanding of risk
- Business acumen and commercial awareness
- Knowledge and practical experience of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Numeracy and literacy skills
- Willingness to learn and absorb new information
- Initiative and problem solving
- Experience in International Payments customer support
- Dealing experience
- Understanding of payments network and AML due diligence requirements
We believe that certain skills are essential in order to be successful in this role and these are detailed above. You may not have all the other skills we have outlined as desirable, we understand that and will still welcome your application. We will carry out individual interviews for shortlisted candidates and assess who is best suited for the role after we have discussed everything with you
Our investment in you
We aim to be a people-first business. We welcome people into the Equals group and desire to grow and develop our talented teams.
Our people are part of one group; we believe in teamwork and celebrating our successes. We strive to embrace our values of ‘Succeed Together’, ‘Be the Customer, ‘Make it Happen’ and ‘Go Beyond’.
We believe in empowering conversations; that’s why we’ve invested in our managers and teams to ensure we bring out the best in each other. We want to put you in the driving seat of your career and achieve your full potential through growth opportunities and developmental support.
You will join an environment that encourages learning and knowledge sharing. Our managers and leaders will guide you to realise your drivers and promote your motivating career plan.
When you join the Equals Group, we help you get more out of your career, to get more out of life.
● A competitive salary benchmarked against a peer group.
● 25 days holiday per year + your birthday off
● Bupa Private Healthcare
● Bupa Mental Health Services & EAP
● Opportunities for progression, development and learning new skills.
● Free onsite Nuffield Health gym & pool (London) and discounted gym membership elsewhere.
● Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers.
● A flexible working environment
● Cycle to Work Scheme
● Enhanced Maternity & Paternity pay
● Season Ticket Loans
● x3 Annual Salary Life Assurance
● A flexible working environment
We operate a hybrid working arrangement where possible, which means that for some roles you will be able to work remotely for some days of the week. However, we still want employees to collaborate in person at both our London and Chester offices, and therefore, candidates will need to still be a comfortable commuting distance from either location for the days you are required to work from or come into the office.