Business Analyst (6 Month Maternity Cover)
London, UK /
Over the last 14 years, we have helped over a million satisfied customers move and manage their money. Our award-winning product portfolio allows our customers to make low-cost multi-currency payments across various payment products.
From travel money to transfers, currency hedging, to expense management, we are focused on a single goal of making it easy for our customers to manage and move their money.
As a business, we are committed to delivering value to our customers through the combination of advanced payments technology and personal expert service
About the role
As a Business Analyst at Equals Group, you will work closely with the Product, Design & Engineering teams along with key commercial stakeholders to turn customer and business requirements into actionable items feeding into the product roadmap.
You will help drive forward delivery of the core Equals Money Platform product assisting with prioritisation, converting requirements and UX/UI designs into detailed tickets and supporting Engineering to deliver against the product release schedule.
Sometimes things don’t go to plan so you will also be involved in re-planning & prioritisation to ensure everyone (including our customers) is up to date on our release schedule. We are looking for a self-driven individual with exceptional attention to detail who is willing to challenge key stakeholders and hold themselves and others accountable for delivery milestones.
This is initially a 6-month maternity cover role with the potential for extension, reporting to one of our Senior Product Managers. You will be an essential part of the Product team working on the Group’s most exciting product set to date.
- Gathering business requirements from customers (internal & external) & stakeholders and converting these into actionable items
- Working with the Product Design team to breakdown design elements into detailed, actionable tickets for the Engineering team
- Leading design and copy review sessions to ensure that all elements are signed off to the correct level
- Working with design to ensure consistency of user journeys throughout the product
- Ensuring that release milestones are being met and working with the wider teams to replan and prioritise as required
- You have worked in an Agile development environment
- Experience gathering requirements from a wide range of stakeholders - both internal and external
- Previously worked with software design and development tools such as Figma, Jira etc (or similar products
- You have successfully lead a product/feature from conception to development in collaboration with design, product and engineering teams
- Strong business workflow mapping skills and ability to distill this down into actionable tasks from all the noise
- An ability to break complex business requirements and product designs down into clear, concise tickets for engineers is a must
- Core project & time management skills will be vital in this role
- You should also be a role model for our values: Make things happen, Succeed together, Be the customer and Go beyond
- It would be great if you have previously worked in a regulated environment
- Financial services/Payments/Cards experience would be a nice to have
- Amazing Figma skills will help out a lot
We believe that certain skills are essential in order to be successful in this role and these are detailed above. You may not have all the other skills we have outlined as desirable, we understand that and will still welcome your application. We will carry out individual interviews for shortlisted candidates and assess who is best suited for the role after we have discussed everything with you.
Our investment in you
We aim to be a people-first business. We welcome people into the Equals group and desire to grow and develop our talented teams.
Our people are part of one group; we believe in teamwork and celebrating our successes. We strive to embrace our values of ‘Succeed Together’, ‘Be the Customer, ‘Make it Happen’ and ‘Go Beyond’.
We believe in empowering conversations; that’s why we’ve invested in our managers and teams to ensure we bring out the best in each other. We want to put you in the driving seat of your career and achieve your full potential through growth opportunities and developmental support.
You will join an environment that encourages learning and knowledge sharing. Our managers and leaders will guide you to realise your drivers and promote your motivating career plan. When you join the Equals Group, we help you get more out of your career, to get more out of life.
- A competitive salary benchmarked against a peer group.
-25 days holiday per year + your birthday off
-Opportunities for progression, development and learning new skills.
-Free onsite Nuffield Health gym & pool (London) and discounted gym membership elsewhere.
-Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers.
-A flexible working environment.
-We operate a hybrid working arrangement where possible, which means that for some roles you will be able to work remotely for some days of the week. However, we still want employees to collaborate in person at both our London and Chester offices, and therefore, candidates will need to still be a comfortable commuting distance from either location for the days you are required to work from or come into the office.