HR Project Manager 6 Months FTC
Chester, UK /
Over the last 14 years, we have helped over a million satisfied customers move and manage their money. Our award-winning product portfolio allows our customers to make low-cost multi-currency payments across various payment products.
From travel money to transfers, currency hedging, to expense management, we are focused on a single goal of making it easy for our customers to manage and move their money.
As a business, we are committed to delivering value to our customers through the combination of advanced payments technology and personal expert service
About the role
Reporting to the People Director, you will work closely with the People team to deliver a number of projects that are key to our People Plan. Projects could include wellness programmes, employee engagement initiatives, learning and development, process and / or policy improvement (career progression and job levels, performance management, handbook).
We have some of the building blocks in place for certain projects, but for others, you will be involved in developing these from scratch, bringing your previous experiences to the table to put forward and deliver effective solutions. This is a hands on role, it is about coming up with workable solutions that fit the business, we want our processes and systems to be nimble, relevant and add value. With that in mind you will work very closely with our HRBP, sharing knowledge and making sure we deliver to those principles.
This role would be suit someone who has previous experience of HR and has developed and delivered key HR projects into a commercial organisation before. It is important that you can understand the needs of the business and adapt our solutions so that they fit. You should be able to engage stakeholders and put them and their needs at the forefront of your thinking. You should be able to hit the ground running, this is an exciting opportunity to work with a great team and a great business which is keen to make things happen.
We believe that certain skills are essential in order to be successful in this role and these are detailed below. We will carry out individual interviews for shortlisted candidates and assess who is best suited for the role based on objective criteria. Equals strives to create a workplace where we can all be ourselves. We believe in inclusion and the power of diversity, so you'll be encouraged to bring your unique perspectives and experiences, and help us understand what you need to do your best work.
- To develop HR initiatives and solutions across the employee lifecycle; recruitment and onboarding, retention, T&D, EDI, reward and benefits in line with the People strategy.
- To engage key stakeholders to understand their needs and put forward possible solutions for how we may be able to better meet these
- To develop structured communication and implementation plans to deliver key projects
- Previous experience within an HR department in a commercial organisation
- Able to demonstrate development and delivery of HR projects across the HR lifecycle
- Excellent communication, verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder engagement skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Proficient with Google docs & Microsoft office
- Confident in presenting to groups of people, including to Executives
- Can work under pressure, to deadlines and use own initiative
- Attention to detail
- Flexible in approach and can demonstrate that they can adapt a solution to fit the needs of the client / business
- Good team player
- A role model for our values:
○ Make it happen
○ Succeed together
○ Be the customer
○ Go beyond
Our investment in you
We welcome people into the Equals group and desire to grow and develop our talented teams. We believe in teamwork and celebrating our successes. We strive to embrace our values. We want to put you in the driving seat of your career and achieve your full potential through growth opportunities and developmental support.
When you join the Equals Group, we aim to help you to get more out of your career. We will also offer you the following benefits;
● A competitive salary benchmarked against a peer group.
● 25 days holiday per year + your birthday off
● Opportunities for progression, development and learning new skills.
● Free onsite Nuffield Health gym & pool (London) and discounted gym membership elsewhere
● Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers.
● We operate a hybrid working arrangement where possible
Where possible we offer the opportunity to work flexibly and the opportunity to balance some remote working with time in the office collaborating, taking part in events and developing the social connections that make working with us rewarding.