Head of Risk and Compliance (Chester based)
Full - time
Who we are
The Equals Group is made up of 3 business lines - Equals Money, FairFX and CardOneMoney. Over the last thirteen years, we have helped over a million satisfied customers, move and manage their money. Our award-winning product portfolio allows our customers to make low-cost multi-currency payments across a range of payment products.
We aim to help customers get more for their money - so they can make the most of their time. From travel money to money transfers, currency hedging to expense management, we are focused on a single goal of making it easy for our customers to manage and move their money.
We have seen impressive growth over the last 10 years, we manage over £2bn in turnover annually, we are AIM listed and profitable. Technology is at the heart of what we do, and the business is committed to delivering value to our customers through the combination of advanced payments technology and expert personal service.
As we embark on our next phase of growth we are looking for an experienced Performance Marketing and Growth Manager. You will join a dedicated, talented and supportive brand, marketing and design team that put customers at the heart of everything they do. We are looking for an ambitious person to join our team who wants to combine delivering business impact and driving continuous improvement, whilst stretching themselves and learning new skills and capabilities. It’s an exciting, challenging and rewarding role where you will have the responsibility of leading the customer acquisition strategy and tactics, optimising budgets with the autonomy to drive initiatives and have a positive impact on commercial growth and success.
The Head of Risk & Compliance position is accountable for the risk management operations of the company, to include the integration of risk concepts into strategic planning, and risk identification and mitigation activities.
Please note that the role is based in Chester and will require eventual visits to the office.
Accountability & Responsibility
- Create an integrated risk framework for the entire organization
- Assess risk throughout the organization
- Quantify risk limits
- Develop plans to mitigate risks
- Advice on directing capital to projects based on risk
- Assist functional managers in obtaining risk mitigation funding
- Monitor the progress of risk mitigation activities
- Create and disseminate risk measurements and reports
- Communicate to key stakeholders regarding the risk profile of the business
The Head of Risk and Compliance may be assigned a number of additional tasks besides the main ones already noted
- Oversee insurance. Decide upon the types and specifics of the various insurance policies that the organization should buy. This includes being the contact person for the insurance providers.
- Recommend insurance alternatives. Recommend any alternative insurance features that are not currently being used, or suggest using insurance products that are entirely new to the company.
- Manage claims. Supervise the filing of insurance claims, monitor their progress with insurers, and verify that payments have been received.
- Conduct due diligence. Investigate the risks inherent in a target company that may be acquired, as well as the state of its risk management practices.
- Extensive experience in international risk management
- Exposure to and knowledge of the payments industry or FinTech or banking industry
- A proven ability to act and collaborate in conjunction with commercial leaders
- Project management (global) experience
- Extensive knowledge of risk management
- Advanced familiarity with payments, remittance or consumer banking businesses
- Ability to navigate a complex and technology rich environment
What's in it for you
This role is based in Chester
A competitive salary, benchmarked against a peer group of the most innovative fintech companies in the UK
25 days holiday per year + your birthday off
Company laptop & tech equipment of your choice
Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers
A flexible workplace - we like to say yes
Our investment in you
We aim to be a ‘people first’ business. We welcome people into the Equals group and aim to grow and develop our talented teams.
Our people are part of one group, we believe in teamwork and celebrating our successes. We strive to embrace our values of ‘Succeed Together’, ‘Be the Customer, ‘Make it Happen’ and ‘Go Beyond.
We believe in empowering conversations, that’s why we’ve invested in our managers and teams to ensure we bring out the best in each other. We want to put you in the driving seat of your career so you can reach your full potential through growth opportunities and developmental support.
You will join an environment that encourages learning and knowledge sharing. Our managers and leaders will guide you to realise your personal drivers and encourage development of your own motivating career plan.
When you join the Equals Group we help you get more out of your career, to get more out of life.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note to recruiters: We have a preferred supply list and use an ATS portal for CV submissions. Any unsolicited CV's sent directly to hiring managers outside of process will not be subject to a recruitment fee.