London, UK /
Full-Time / Permanent
Over the last 16 years, we have helped over a million satisfied customers move and manage their money. Our award-winning product portfolio allows our customers to make low-cost multi-currency payments across various payment products.
From travel money to transfers, currency hedging, to expense management, we are focused on a single goal of making it easy for our customers to manage and move their money.
As a business, we are committed to delivering value to our customers through the combination of advanced payments technology and personal expert service.
About the Role
To support the Risk Manager in implementing, embedding and optimising the Risk Assessment Policy for Equals Group entities, with a particular focus on International Payments and bespoke Solutions customers. This role enables the management of customer, financial crime and reputational risk to within the Group’s risk appetite. The Risk Officer will support the onboarding teams with complex transactions and customers and will support the wider Risk team with ongoing monitoring of customers in accordance with the Risk Assessment Policy. This is a fantastic role with growth opportunity working within an exciting Fintech-Led Group of payments companies.
- Supporting and performing enhanced due diligence on escalated onboarding packs
- Reviewing applications to determine whether sufficient due diligence has been conducted in accordance with internal policies and Money Laundering Regulations (MLRs)
- Conducting customer account risk reviews in accordance with the Risk Assessment Policy
- Raising SARs in accordance with internal policies and Money Laundering Regulations (MLRs)
- Maintain close working relationships with 1st Line Of Defence (1LOD) operational and onboarding teams and other line two functions in risk and compliance, including Fraud, Regulatory Compliance and Assurance
- Be well connected across the Equals Group and attend industry forums, groups and committees as directed by the Risk Manager
- Maintain strong working knowledge of regulatory developments, including developing typologies presenting risk to the business
Necessary skills, experience and attributes
- 2 years+ experience working in the international payments industry and/or FX brokerage
- Experience of performing enhanced due diligence and enhanced monitoring of customers
- Awareness of or experience working with sanctions and other restrictions applicable to payments
- Experience of onboarding or performing enhanced due diligence on complex entities
- Working knowledge of the UK regulatory framework relating to anti money-laundering and financial crime prevention
- Ability to work at fast pace to support business decisions in a timely manner
- Critical mindset that supports the provision of constructive challenge to the business
- Customer and stakeholder-focussed attitude and approach
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate customer risk issues to senior stakeholders
- Sound judgemental skills and ability to work independently
Desirable skills, experience and attributes
- Formal qualifications in financial crime, fraud or risk management
Our investment in you
We aim to be a people-first business. We welcome people into the Equals group and desire to grow and develop our talented teams.
Our people are part of one group; we believe in teamwork and celebrating our successes. We live our values of ‘Succeed Together’, ‘Be the Customer, ‘Make it Happen’ and ‘Go Beyond’.
We believe in empowering conversations; that’s why we’ve invested in our managers and teams to ensure we bring out the best in each other. We want to put you in the driving seat of your career and achieve your full potential through growth opportunities and developmental support.
You will join an environment that encourages learning and knowledge sharing. Our managers and leaders will guide you to realise your ambitions.
•A competitive salary benchmarked against a peer group which will be reviewed annually
•Health insurance through BUPA
•Our Employee Assistance Programme offers a 24/7 confidential advice line for health, bereavement and other areas of support
•25 days holiday per year + your birthday off
•We are members of the cycle to work scheme
•We offer Season Ticket Loans
•Free onsite Nuffield Health gym & pool (London) and discounted gym membership elsewhere
•Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers
•Opportunities for progression, development and learning new skills.