Business Development Manager
London, UK /
Sales & Dealing /
Full-Time / Permanent
Over the last 16 years, we have helped over a million satisfied customers move and manage their money. Our award-winning product portfolio allows our customers to make low-cost multi-currency payments across various payment products.
From travel money to transfers, currency hedging, to expense management, we are focused on a single goal of making it easy for our customers to manage and move their money.
As a business, we are committed to delivering value to our customers through the combination of advanced payments technology and personal expert service
Listed on the AIM market with headquarters in London, Chester and Los Angeles, Equals Group Plc is a leading Fintech challenger in the financial services sector, catering for both business and retail customers. Operating under an e-money license, we provide high quality
● International payments
● FX risk hedging
● Expense management
● Current accounts
● Credit facilities
● Multi-currency cards and
● Travel cash
We believe there is a clear distinction between having a job and having a career that makes a
Are you inspired by a challenge? Do you have the ambition to take hold, drive and maximise every
opportunity? Do you want to grow and excel both professionally and personally?
With a positive attitude in everything you do and every relationship you build, do you recognise
yourself to be a resilient, driven highflier?
Our industry is fast paced, exciting and dynamic so we adapt quickly, always motivated to stay
ahead of the curve. So as a business, we are committed to delivering value to our customers
through the combination of advanced payments technology and personal expert service.
We’re doing this by hiring exceptional people and are now looking for a Business Development
Manager to join our team.
You will join a very close-knit, talented and supportive team from various backgrounds who
believe that bringing different perspectives together helps us understand our customers' needs.
United, by one thing, making money management straightforward and cost-effective for our
We seek to hire talent that ensures different views and backgrounds are represented within the
Group and actively encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply
- There are certain skills that are essential in order to be successful in this role and these are detailed below:
● Confident with a ‘can do attitude’ in everything you do and every relationship you build
● Motivated and able to work independently and collaborate effectively within a team
● Numerate and literate with strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills – a natural collaborator
● Thrive in a target-driven, sales environment and consistently deliver against KPI’s
● Highly organised understanding of time management, around daily processes and ad-hoc tasks
About the role
- Reporting directly to the Head of Sales, this is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Sales Executive to join a high performing team with the sole focus on generating new business. You will be responsible for maximising outbound activity, owning the full end to end sales process from prospecting through to onboarding SMEs that have an international footprint. Full training on product knowledge and sales techniques will be given to help you
- Prospect and close your own opportunities
● Identify profitable emerging verticals and create sales campaigns while being fully aware of the competitive landscape
● Monitor your sales performance to agreed KPIs
● Pipeline sales management
● Present sales reports and forecasts to the Head of Sales
● Collaborate with colleagues to drive enterprise/cross sell company wide solutions
- 2+ years of B2B sales experience in FX markets
● Ability to communicate effectively with C/D suite decision makers with an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to close business
● Proven success at networking, setting appointments, pipeline building, negotiation, closing solution sales and hitting targets
● Excellent communication, numeracy and analytical skills
● Ability to build and manage a pipeline and diary as an organised self-starter
● Strong networking and presentation skills
● Good time & task management with the ability to prioritise daily tasks and sales campaign work having the ability to switch direction to reprioritise
● Experience with CRM systems
● Strong sense of professionalism and integrity
Our investment in you
We aim to be a people-first business. We welcome people into the Equals group and desire to grow and develop our talented teams.
Our people are part of one group; we believe in teamwork and celebrating our successes. We live our values of ‘Succeed Together’, ‘Be the Customer, ‘Make it Happen’ and ‘Go Beyond’.
We believe in empowering conversations; that’s why we’ve invested in our managers and teams to ensure we bring out the best in each other. We want to put you in the driving seat of your career and achieve your full potential through growth opportunities and developmental support.
You will join an environment that encourages learning and knowledge sharing. Our managers and leaders will guide you to realise your ambitions.
●A competitive salary benchmarked against a peer group.
●25 days holiday per year + bank holidays and your birthday off
●Enhanced maternity and paternity
●3 x life insurance
●Contributory pension scheme
●Individual private medical insurance
●Comprehensive employee assistance programme offering
●Free eye test & £50 towards the cost of glasses
●Cycle to work scheme
●Season ticket loans
●Free onsite Nuffield Health gym & pool (London) and discounted gym membership elsewhere
●Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers.
●Hybrid working arrangement where possible, which means that for some roles you will be able to work remotely for some days of the week. However, we still want employees to collaborate in person at both our London and Chester offices, and therefore, candidates will need to still be a comfortable commuting distance from either location for the days you are required to work from or come into the office.