Head of Digital Marketing
Full-Time / Permanent
Over the last 16 years, we have helped over a million satisfied customers move and manage their money. Our award-winning product portfolio allows our customers to make low-cost multi-currency payments across various payment products.
From travel money to transfers, currency hedging, to expense management, we are focused on a single goal of making it easy for our customers to manage and move their money.
As a business, we are committed to delivering value to our customers through the combination of advanced payments technology and personal expert service.
About the role
As we embark on our next phase of growth we are looking for a Head of Digital to grow and develop our digital acquisition strategy across all of our products. This includes leading a team, driving the strategy around SEO, PPC, paid social and affiliate marketing.
Equals is in a period of rapid growth, having had a record-breaking six months of trading in H1-2022, with revenues up 84%. We are also in a period of feature release, with virtual card, cashflow management capabilities, third party integrations and more - offering huge opportunities for acquisition campaigns.
Who you are
You are innovative, driven and inquisitive, embracing a test and learn mentality. You are a passionate leader who takes responsibility for setting strategic direction and most importantly executing on that path. You’ve got an interest in data, automations, systems and processes to enhance efficiency of both spend and time. Both tactical and strategic in nature, with ownership of delivery as well as strategy.
You will own the digital acquisition strategy across all product lines. You follow new developments and trends in the digital marketing and growth landscape. You will work with the Head of Growth and CCO, setting KPIs and identifying key deliverable projects to drive acquisition of customers.
You can be based near our London office, near Mansion House and Cannon Street station. We have a flexible working policy and won't be expecting you in the office every day if that’s not how you work best. There will be some expectation of travel to other Group and Customer locations.
- Own all acquisition models for our key products (Banking, Expense Cards, Travel Cards, International Payments, Enterprise Solutions), across three brands
- Lead a current team of three, owning: CRO on the website, SEO and determining where our efforts are best placed, Affiliates strategy and PPC, native, brand and keyword search
- Paid social strategy, and ensuring effectiveness of marketing spend
- Identification of agencies and where the team may benefit from outsourcing
- Work closely with Content (copy and design) to ensure creative is optimised for acquisition
- Communicate and execute across a number of key stakeholders to deliver value internally and externally
- Work closely with the sales and account management teams to activate and drive lead flow into the business
- Align with Head of Growth and CCO on best processes, systems, projects, and team focus and structure, to grow the business
- Work closely with the Head of Growth, CCO and key stakeholders on new market expansion.
Key Skills & Experience
- Experience in B2B marketing and buying cycles, ideally in FinTech or payments
- Use of CRM (ideally HubSot) - setting up automations, reports, processes and analysis to support and measure your strategy
- MarTech literate, with effective use of marketing platforms (GTM, Meta, LinkedIn, GA.
- Nice-to-haves: - HotJar, SemRush, HubSpot dashboards, Webflow, GA4)
- Evidence of launching new initiatives from the ground up, with proven results
- Experience implementing and enhancing digital analytics, and working with our engineering team to improve visibility of the lead journey through all stages of the acquisition lifecycle
- Nice to have: Experience working with a Customer Data Platform (we use Segment)
- A track record of exceeding projected ROI targets
We believe that certain skills are essential in order to be successful in this role and these are detailed above. You may not have all the other skills we have outlined as desirable, we understand that and will still welcome your application. We will carry out individual interviews for shortlisted candidates and assess who is best suited for the role after we have discussed everything with you
Our investment in you
We aim to be a people-first business. We welcome people into the Equals group and desire to grow and develop our talented teams.
Our people are part of one group; we believe in teamwork and celebrating our successes. We strive to embrace our values of ‘Succeed Together’, ‘Be the Customer, ‘Make it Happen’ and ‘Go Beyond’.
We believe in empowering conversations; that’s why we’ve invested in our managers and teams to ensure we bring out the best in each other. We want to put you in the driving seat of your career and achieve your full potential through growth opportunities and developmental support.
You will join an environment that encourages learning and knowledge sharing. Our managers and leaders will guide you to realise your drivers and promote your motivating career plan.
When you join the Equals Group, we help you get more out of your career, to get more out of life.
● A competitive salary benchmarked against a peer group.
● 25 days holiday per year + your birthday off
● Bupa Private Healthcare
● Bupa Mental Health Services & EAP
● Opportunities for progression, development and learning new skills.
● Free onsite Nuffield Health gym & pool (London) and discounted gym membership elsewhere.
● Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers.
● A flexible working environment
● Cycle to Work Scheme
● Enhanced Maternity & Paternity pay
● Season Ticket Loans
● x3 Annual Salary Life Assurance
● A flexible working environment
We operate a hybrid working arrangement where possible, which means that for some roles you will be able to work remotely for some days of the week. However, we still want employees to collaborate in person at both our London and Chester offices, and therefore, candidates will need to still be a comfortable commuting distance from either location for the days you are required to work from or come into the office.