Payments Support Assistant
Chester, UK /
Full-Time / Permanent
Over the last 16 years, we have helped over a million satisfied customers move and manage their money. Our award-winning product portfolio allows our customers to make low-cost multi-currency payments across various payment products.
From travel money to transfers, currency hedging, to expense management, we are focused on a single goal of making it easy for our customers to manage and move their money.
As a business, we are committed to delivering value to our customers through the combination of advanced payments technology and personal expert service.
About the role
As a Payments Support Assistant at Equals Group, you will be working as part of a dedicated team to help support the international payment services that we provide to our customers. The role will primarily involve performing two-factor call back checks to our international payment’s customers, ensuring their payment requests are genuine, verifying the emailed instructions and then actioning such requests. Subject to workload and demand, the role will additionally be intended to support the domestic payment team in their typical payments processing and administration duties.
We believe that certain skills are essential in order to be successful in this role and these are detailed below. You may not have all the other skills we have outlined as desirable, we understand that and will still welcome your application. We will carry out individual interviews for shortlisted candidates and assess who is best suited for the role after we have discussed everything with you.
- Performing two-factor call backs with our customers to verify payment details and requests
- Adding/removing/editing beneficiary details on our order management system
- Assigning beneficiaries to orders, upon request from clients/account managers
- Updating internal system payment statuses
- Supporting the payments team with general duties such as :Bank reconciliations and processing customers payments, Processing remittance advices and generating customer statements, Reviewing unpaid transactions and Monitoring various support inboxes.
- Supporting the admin team with general duties such as: Reviewing Companies House reports, Handling service desk queries and Processing change of customer details requests
- Excellent telephone manner
- Attention to detail and an understanding of risk
- Knowledge and practical experience of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Numeracy and literacy skills
- Practical experience of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Previous relevant experience in a financial services or customer services environment
We believe that certain skills are essential in order to be successful in this role and these are detailed above. You may not have all the other skills we have outlined as desirable, we understand that and will still welcome your application. We will carry out individual interviews for shortlisted candidates and assess who is best suited for the role after we have discussed everything with you
Our investment in you
We aim to be a people-first business. We welcome people into the Equals group and desire to grow and develop our talented teams.
Our people are part of one group; we believe in teamwork and celebrating our successes. We strive to embrace our values of ‘Succeed Together’, ‘Be the Customer, ‘Make it Happen’ and ‘Go Beyond’.
We believe in empowering conversations; that’s why we’ve invested in our managers and teams to ensure we bring out the best in each other. We want to put you in the driving seat of your career and achieve your full potential through growth opportunities and developmental support.
You will join an environment that encourages learning and knowledge sharing. Our managers and leaders will guide you to realise your drivers and promote your motivating career plan.
When you join the Equals Group, we help you get more out of your career, to get more out of life.
● A competitive salary benchmarked against a peer group.
● 25 days holiday per year + your birthday off
● Bupa Private Healthcare
● Bupa Mental Health Services & EAP
● Opportunities for progression, development and learning new skills.
● Free onsite Nuffield Health gym & pool (London) and discounted gym membership elsewhere.
● Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers.
● A flexible working environment
● Cycle to Work Scheme
● Enhanced Maternity & Paternity pay
● Season Ticket Loans
● x3 Annual Salary Life Assurance
● A flexible working environment
We operate a hybrid working arrangement where possible, which means that for some roles you will be able to work remotely for some days of the week. However, we still want employees to collaborate in person at both our London and Chester offices, and therefore, candidates will need to still be a comfortable commuting distance from either location for the days you are required to work from or come into the office.