London, UK /
Over the last 16 years, we have helped over a million satisfied customers move and manage their money. Our award-winning product portfolio allows our customers to make low-cost multi-currency payments across various payment products.
From travel money to transfers, currency hedging, to expense management, we are focused on a single goal of making it easy for our customers to manage and move their money.
As a business, we are committed to delivering value to our customers through the combination of advanced payments technology and personal expert service.
We’re doing this by hiring exceptional people and are now looking for a Brand Designer to join our team.
With our headquarters in London, Chester and Los Angeles, the Equals Group comprises of three business lines and brands - Equals Money, FairFX and CardOneMoney. You will join a very close-knit, talented and supportive team from various backgrounds who believe that bringing different perspectives together helps us understand our customers' needs. United, by one thing, making money management straightforward and cost-effective for our customers.
About the role
- A designer at the Equals Group is a creative and imaginative thinker dedicated to producing exceptional, cutting-edge work. Confident in their ability to design creatively with an assured style, they seek to push the boundaries of a range of cross-platform digital and print work.
- You’ll be part of the Design team, working with all departments across the business, especially with the Growth team, where you’ll be able to have an impact on marketing design. You’ll be able to execute projects of all sizes and complete them with resourcefulness and dedication, taking the initiative to challenge briefs and exceed expectations.
- An ambitious person who wants to help bring the brand and design strategy to life and take end-to-end ownership of them. Help push the Equals Group’s global brands far beyond its logo, delivering strong creative, innovative and conceptual thinking for internal and external-facing output. Providing business impact and driving continuous improvement whilst stretching themselves and learning new skills.
- We believe that certain skills are essential in order to be successful in this role and these are detailed below. You may not have all the other skills we have outlined as desirable, we understand that and will still welcome your application. We will carry out individual interviews for shortlisted candidates and assess who is best suited for the role after we have discussed everything with you.
- Push our visual brand language to the next level
- Develop an illustration system that would be used across the brand
- Marketing campaigns across channels
- Creating sales collateral and event materials
- In-app branding (splash screens, illustration)
- Bring feature launches and new products to life across marketing channels
- Grow online brand identity across social media
- Be a brand ambassador to ensure all projects fit our brand
- Maintain and evolve brand guidelines
Projects you could work on:
- A creative and strategic thinker who understands the importance of a company’s brand
- A collaborative person who knows how to work across teams
- A designer who defines brands with the audience in mind and articulates why a design solution answers a need
- An expert in typography, colour, layout and imagery and know how to bring these elements together to embody a brand’s personality, voice, and values
- Own the creative process through concept, design, production, and delivery
- A storyteller who understands the value of the brand and is able to communicate the importance of brand consistency
- A creative person that can prove the success of your campaigns in numbers
- You have excellent skills in current design programs (Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop). Experience with interactive design/prototyping software (Figma) is a plus.
- Illustration experience
- Print design experience
- Experience in social media graphic design
- A role model for our values:
- Make it happen
- Succeed together
- Be the customer
- Go beyond
- Website design
Nice to have
We believe that certain skills are essential in order to be successful in this role and these are detailed above. You may not have all the other skills we have outlined as desirable, we understand that and will still welcome your application. We will carry out individual interviews for shortlisted candidates and assess who is best suited for the role after we have discussed everything with you
Our investment in you
We aim to be a people-first business. We welcome people into the Equals group and desire to grow and develop our talented teams.
Our people are part of one group; we believe in teamwork and celebrating our successes. We strive to embrace our values of ‘Succeed Together’, ‘Be the Customer, ‘Make it Happen’ and ‘Go Beyond’.
We believe in empowering conversations; that’s why we’ve invested in our managers and teams to ensure we bring out the best in each other. We want to put you in the driving seat of your career and achieve your full potential through growth opportunities and developmental support.
You will join an environment that encourages learning and knowledge sharing. Our managers and leaders will guide you to realise your drivers and promote your motivating career plan.
When you join the Equals Group, we help you get more out of your career, to get more out of life.
● A competitive salary benchmarked against a peer group.
● 25 days holiday per year + your birthday off
● Bupa Private Healthcare
● Bupa Mental Health Services & EAP
● Opportunities for progression, development and learning new skills.
● Free onsite Nuffield Health gym & pool (London) and discounted gym membership elsewhere.
● Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers.
● A flexible working environment
● Cycle to Work Scheme
● Enhanced Maternity & Paternity pay
● Season Ticket Loans
● x3 Annual Salary Life Assurance
● A flexible working environment
We operate a hybrid working arrangement where possible, which means that for some roles you will be able to work remotely for some days of the week. However, we still want employees to collaborate in person at both our London and Chester offices, and therefore, candidates will need to still be a comfortable commuting distance from either location for the days you are required to work from or come into the office.