People Administrator £20,000.00
Chester, UK /
Full-Time / Permanent
Over the last 16 years, we have helped over a million satisfied customers move and manage their money. Our award-winning product portfolio allows our customers to make low-cost multi-currency payments across various payment products.
From travel money to transfers, currency hedging, to expense management, we are focused on a single goal of making it easy for our customers to manage and move their money.
As a business, we are committed to delivering value to our customers through the combination of advanced payments technology and personal expert service.
About the role
The People Administrator will be responsible for all People related admin for the Group. The successful candidate will support the People team in the day to day running of the People function, by ensuring all records and files are accurately maintained, HR queries and issues and acknowledged, answered and managed efficiently. This role will also be responsible for basic recruitment administration, supporting recruitment and selection where required.
This role would be suitable for someone who has an experience and knowledge within recruitment and looking to develop their HR career.
We believe that certain skills are essential in order to be successful in this role and these are detailed below. You may not have all the other skills we have outlined as desirable, we understand that and will still welcome your application. We will carry out individual interviews for shortlisted candidates and assess who is best suited for the role after we have discussed everything with you.
- Ensure that all HR related administration is processed efficiently and appropriately
- Manage admin in line with the recruitment policy and guidelines
- Support recruitment and selection and interviewing where required
- Support with processing new starter administration
- Support with organising onboarding, induction, probation review and sign off
- Assist with all employee lifecycle administration including leavers
- Support with formal meetings for various Employee Relations cases as and when required
- Support with HR related projects as and when required
- Provide regular reports on HR matters as and when required
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel (Spreadsheets)
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Experience handling highly confidential information and being discrete
- Highly motivated, able to work on own initiative, prioritise and meet deadlines
- A role model for our values: Make it happen, Succeed together, Be the customer and Go beyond
- Previous experience within an People Team environment
- Experience of software systems
- Previous knowledge of recruitment and selection
- Desire to progress within the People function and work towards CIPD
We believe that certain skills are essential in order to be successful in this role and these are detailed above. You may not have all the other skills we have outlined as desirable, we understand that and will still welcome your application. We will carry out individual interviews for shortlisted candidates and assess who is best suited for the role after we have discussed everything with you
Our investment in you
We aim to be a people-first business. We welcome people into the Equals group and desire to grow and develop our talented teams.
Our people are part of one group; we believe in teamwork and celebrating our successes. We strive to embrace our values of ‘Succeed Together’, ‘Be the Customer, ‘Make it Happen’ and ‘Go Beyond’.
We believe in empowering conversations; that’s why we’ve invested in our managers and teams to ensure we bring out the best in each other. We want to put you in the driving seat of your career and achieve your full potential through growth opportunities and developmental support.
You will join an environment that encourages learning and knowledge sharing. Our managers and leaders will guide you to realise your drivers and promote your motivating career plan.
When you join the Equals Group, we help you get more out of your career, to get more out of life.
● A competitive salary benchmarked against a peer group.
● 25 days holiday per year + your birthday off
● Bupa Private Healthcare
● Bupa Mental Health Services & EAP
● Opportunities for progression, development and learning new skills.
● Free onsite Nuffield Health gym & pool (London) and discounted gym membership elsewhere.
● Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers.
● A flexible working environment
● Cycle to Work Scheme
● Enhanced Maternity & Paternity pay
● Season Ticket Loans
● x3 Annual Salary Life Assurance
● A flexible working environment
We operate a hybrid working arrangement where possible, which means that for some roles you will be able to work remotely for some days of the week. However, we still want employees to collaborate in person at both our London and Chester offices, and therefore, candidates will need to still be a comfortable commuting distance from either location for the days you are required to work from or come into the office.