Visual Communications Designer
Chester, UK /
Full-Time / Permanent
Who we are
Over the last 14 years, we have helped over a million satisfied customers move and manage their money. Our award-winning product portfolio allows our customers to make low-cost multi-currency payments across various payment products. From travel money to transfers, currency hedging, to expense management, we are focused on a single goal of making it easy for our customers to manage and move their money.
As a business, we are committed to delivering value to our customers through the combination of advanced payments technology and personal expert service. We’re doing this by hiring exceptional people. We are looking for a Visual Communications Designer who can help build, develop and evolve the Equals Group brands delivering best-in-class visual communications design.
With our headquarters in London, Chester and Los Angeles, the Equals Group comprises of three business lines and brands - Equals Money, FairFX and CardOneMoney. You will join a very close-knit, talented and supportive team from various backgrounds who believe that bringing different perspectives together helps us understand our customers' needs. United, by one thing, making money management straightforward and cost-effective for our customers.
A designer at the Equals Group is a creative and imaginative thinker dedicated to producing exceptional, cutting edge work. Confident in their ability to design creatively with an assured style, they seek to push the boundaries of a range of cross-platform digital work.
Working closely with other designers in the Design Team, Marketing department and the wider group, they help execute projects of all sizes and complete them with resourcefulness and dedication, taking the initiative to challenge briefs and exceed expectations.
An ambitious person who wants to help bring the brand and design strategy to life and take end-to-end ownership of them. Help push the Equals Group’s global brands far beyond its logo, delivering strong creative, innovative and conceptual thinking for both internal and external facing output. Providing business impact and driving continuous improvement whilst stretching themselves and learning new skills.
- A creative and strategic thinker understands the importance of a company’s brand.
- A visual communicator and storyteller.
- Produce sketches, storyboards and design layouts to communicate ideas to stakeholders and present concepts that people can grasp immediately.
- Understands copy and image and how they are intrinsically linked when producing marketing communications across different channels.
- Thrives on delivering work that they are proud of but not precious and can take feedback.
- Motivated and driven with a strong sense of belief coupled with a flexible, pragmatic approach and willingness to adapt your ideas where necessary.
- High levels of communication expertise, liaising with other teams across the business, e.g. sales, marketing, and engineering teams.
- Independent, self-starter, taking on responsibility and driving continuous improvement.
- Has energy, passion and drive to work within a fast-paced environment on multiple directives.
- Has an understanding of email marketing and how to design emails within a template.
- Positive attitude towards learning and developing and acquiring new skills from counterparts.
- Passionate about all things digital and eager to find out about new technologies. Has good awareness of developments in the industry to share and inform the team.
- A problem solver and logical thinker with attention to detail.
- Can demonstrate multi-tasking organisational skills and effective time management.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Calm under pressure.
- Has a Graphic/Digital Design, Visual Communications or similar qualification.
- High level of experience using Adobe CC (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator)
- Exposure and knowledge of HTML/CSS at a foundation level.
- Influence, champion, and develop consistency across marketing collateral and product design.
- Create design output such as online and offline marketing material, video and animation.
- Source photography for campaigns, social media posts and websites.
- Update the Group’s websites using Webflow (full training to be provided).
- Ensure quality control by the following review and sign off processes with the Head of Brand & Design to fulfil the brief.
- A role model for our values: Make things happen, Succeed together, Be the customer and Go beyond
The role is varied, and the specification listed above portrays the ideal candidate. You do not need to possess all of these skills to apply. We will review every applicant on an individual basis to determine a good fit.
Please supply a portfolio of work and examples of your latest design projects and thought process with your application. Submissions without design examples will not be considered.
Our investment in you
We aim to be a ‘people first’ business. We welcome people into the Equals group and aim to grow and develop our talented teams.
Our people are part of one group, we believe in teamwork and celebrating our successes. We strive to embrace our values of ‘Succeed Together’, ‘Be the Customer, ‘Make it Happen’ and ‘Go Beyond.
We believe in empowering conversations, that’s why we’ve invested in our managers and teams to ensure we bring out the best in each other. We want to put you in the driving seat of your career so you can reach your full potential through growth opportunities and developmental support.
You will join an environment that encourages learning and knowledge sharing. Our managers and leaders will guide you to realise your personal drivers and encourage development of your own motivating career plan.
When you join the Equals Group we help you get more out of your career, to get more out of life.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
25 days holiday per year plus an additional day for your birthday
Bupa Health Insurance
Enhanced maternity package
Season Ticket Loans
Cycle to Work Scheme
Free onsite Nuffield Health gym & pool (London) and discounted gym membership (Chester)
Opportunities for progression, development and learning new skills
Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers
Autoenrollment Pension Scheme
A flexible working environment Currently, the company is embracing remote working and open to flexible working arrangements. Ideally, we would want employees to collaborate in person at our London or Chester offices, and therefore, the candidate needs to be comfortable commuting distance from either location.
Note to recruiters: We have a preferred supply list and use an ATS portal for CV submissions. Any unsolicited CV's sent directly to hiring managers outside of process will not be subject to a recruitment fee.