London, UK /
A fantastic opportunity for a part-qualified accountant to join an established, successful brand as well as becoming part of a growing, supportive team. This is a great growth opportunity for anyone looking to develop their finance career further.
We are currently looking for a part-qualified accountant currently studying CIMA or ACCA who has experience working within previous finance roles. We are looking for a motivated and confident individual who is looking to develop their experience and finance knowledge further. The part-qualified accountant will support both the finance manager and the wider finance team. The role will be located in the Chester office (with remote working available), as well as occasional travel to our London office as and when required.
- As an part-qualified accountant, you will be assisting the finance team with constant financial analysis, contributing to the highly detailed consolidated group management accounts and at legal entity level, and producing ad-hoc financial data as deemed necessary.
- Joining a Group Internal Reporting function, there is always a constant demand of detailed analysis.
- Preparing and posting transactions on a daily basis.
- Proactively checking the ledgers for accuracy and quizzing various postings.
- Internal Control checks on the balances of the accounts within the Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger and Bank accounts.
- Preparing and updating reconciliations to a high standard.
- Liaising with the wider business to understand and monitor costs incurred and matching to budget.
- Constantly seeking methods of process improvement
- Assist in the preparation and production of the monthly management accounts.
- Responsible for preparing the month-end prepayments and accruals
- Responsible for monthly Balance Sheet and P&L reconciliations.
- Responsible for monthly depreciation and amortisation journals and analysis.
- Maintaining multicurrency bank reconciliations and payments.
- Work closely with the AP and AR teams to ensuring accuracy and integrity of ledgers.
- Producing ad-hoc financial data as deemed necessary
Who you are
- Part-qualified - ACCA or CIMA
- 2+ years of experience working in a finance function
- Journal entry and account reconciliations knowledge
- Some previous knowledge of working on management accounts
- An organised individual who is keen to learn, has high attention to detail and the ability to build meaningful analysis
- Enjoy working with numbers and large data sets with at least an intermediate skill set level with MS Excel
- Ability to self-prioritise and manage workload
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in using Sage is highly desirable
Our investment in you
We aim to be a ‘people first’ business. We welcome people into the Equals group and aim to grow and develop our talented teams.
Our people are part of one group, we believe in teamwork and celebrating our successes. We strive to embrace our values of ‘Succeed Together’, ‘Be the Customer, ‘Make it Happen’ and ‘Go Beyond.
We believe in empowering conversations, that’s why we’ve invested in our managers and teams to ensure we bring out the best in each other. We want to put you in the driving seat of your career so you can reach your full potential through growth opportunities and developmental support.
You will join an environment that encourages learning and knowledge sharing. Our managers and leaders will guide you to realise your personal drivers and encourage development of your own motivating career plan.
When you join the Equals Group we help you get more out of your career, to get more out of life.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
25 days holiday per year plus an additional day for your birthday
Bupa Health Insurance
Enhanced maternity package
Season Ticket Loans
Cycle to Work Scheme
Free onsite Nuffield Health gym & pool (London) and discounted gym membership (Chester)
Opportunities for progression, development and learning new skills
Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers
Autoenrollment Pension Scheme
A flexible working environment Currently, the company is embracing remote working and open to flexible working arrangements. Ideally, we would want employees to collaborate in person at our London or Chester offices, and therefore, the candidate needs to be comfortable commuting distance from either location.
Note to recruiters: We have a preferred supply list and use an ATS portal for CV submissions. Any unsolicited CV's sent directly to hiring managers outside of process will not be subject to a recruitment fee.