QA Analyst - Chester
Chester, UK /
Over the last 16 years, we have helped over a million satisfied customers move and manage their money. Our award-winning product portfolio allows our customers to make low-cost multi-currency payments across various payment products.
From travel money to transfers, currency hedging, to expense management, we are focused on a single goal of making it easy for our customers to manage and move their money.
As a business, we are committed to delivering value to our customers through the combination of advanced payments technology and personal expert service
A QA analyst at the Equals group is a detail oriented and creative individual who cares deeply about quality products. Ruthless in finding problems, they work hard to raise issues so that a customer will never see them.
We’re looking for people from a variety of backgrounds, who can bring a fresh set of eyes and perspective to our teams. Working closely with the engineers and product, they ensure our projects are up to specification, comply with regulatory requirements and work smoothly for our customers.
About the role
- Our technology team works in small, cross functional squads - forming part of a fun, hardworking and exceptionally supportive team of around 50 engineers.
- We are looking to hire a QA to help us bring a ground-breaking new product to market and support and develop our highly successful FairFX product.
- Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen, and a 60 minute interview. We usually do a very simple task, but there are no trick questions.
- A good communicator, with an open and collaborative approach
- Highly organised; and able to prioritise workload effectively with attention to detail
- Proactive and motivated
- Enjoys working closely with product owners & stakeholders
- Engaged and with technology and industry trends
- Curious and motivated by doing the best job you can
- Loves to work in a collaborative environment
- Eager to try new things
- A role model for our values: Make it happen, Succeed together, Be the customer and Go beyond
- Working with engineers, product owners, design, and a team of QA analysts to ensure our products are of the highest possible quality
- Writing and executing test plans to detect usability and performance issues
- Championing for the quality of our products across the business
- Ensuring cross-platform and cross-device functionality of our products
- Report bugs and errors to development teams
- Help troubleshoot issues
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Technical knowledge
Our investment in you
We aim to be a people-first business. We welcome people into the Equals group and desire to grow and develop our talented teams.
Our people are part of one group; we believe in teamwork and celebrating our successes. We live our values of ‘Succeed Together’, ‘Be the Customer, ‘Make it Happen’ and ‘Go Beyond’.
We believe in empowering conversations; that’s why we’ve invested in our managers and teams to ensure we bring out the best in each other. We want to put you in the driving seat of your career and achieve your full potential through growth opportunities and developmental support.
You will join an environment that encourages learning and knowledge sharing. Our managers and leaders will guide you to realise your ambitions.
●A competitive salary benchmarked against a peer group.
●25 days holiday per year + bank holidays and your birthday off
●Enhanced maternity and paternity
●3 x life insurance
●Contributory pension scheme
●Individual private medical insurance
●Comprehensive employee assistance programme offering
●Free eye test & £50 towards the cost of glasses
●Cycle to work scheme
●Season ticket loans
●Free onsite Nuffield Health gym & pool (London) and discounted gym membership elsewhere
●Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers.
●Hybrid working arrangement where possible, which means that for some roles you will be able to work remotely for some days of the week. However, we still want employees to collaborate in person at both our London and Chester offices, and therefore, candidates will need to still be a comfortable commuting distance from either location for the days you are required to work from or come into the office.