Chester, UK /
Full-Time / Permanent
Over the last 14 years, we have helped over a million satisfied customers move and manage their money. Our award-winning product portfolio allows our customers to make low-cost multi-currency payments across various payment products.
From travel money to transfers, currency hedging, to expense management, we are focused on a single goal of making it easy for our customers to manage and move their money.
As a business, we are committed to delivering value to our customers through the combination of advanced payments technology and personal expert service
About the Role
A payment specialist at Equals Group is a divergent thinker who can make independent decisions based on information received which relates to their daily tasks. They should be able to execute all tasks assigned to them within a timely manner and to a high standard. Payment specialists work closely with the finance, fraud, risk and customer service departments to ensure tasks are completed in a timely, risk free manner while delivering excellent customer service. Telephone work will be required as the team frequently contacts external entities along with customers. Customer communication will also be delivered via email as well as via telephone.
We believe that certain skills are essential in order to be successful in this role and these are detailed below. You may not have all the other skills we have outlined as desirable, we understand that and will still welcome your application. We will carry out individual interviews for shortlisted candidates and assess who is best suited for the role after we have discussed everything with you.
- Liaise with any external banks or organization in order to resolve any customer issues or complaints
- Liaise with the Finance Department in respect of any relevant processes or issues
- Ensure work queues are regularly checked throughout the day and any customer credits are manually added to their accounts as soon as possible.
- Carry out administrative tasks for the business as per helpdesk
- Make and receive calls if the need arises to customers and businesses
- Scan, photocopy, file, dispose of and deal with customer correspondence and documentation in accordance with business processes and procedures
- Prepare outgoing mail for the collection service
- Complete Direct Debit indemnity claims as and when requested ensuring a full investigation has taken place
- Complete credit recovery requests as per company procedures
- Be available on a rota to carry out Direct Debit download
- Ensure that the chargeback process is followed within timescales
- Keep Mastercard chargeback rules and processes and procedures updated.
- Specialist Accounts
- Follow the correct processes within specified time frames when dealing with specialised areas, such as: Deceased, Bankruptcy, Insolvency, Companies House notifications...
- Exception Reports
- Review all exception reports and take any appropriate action
- Request and test new reports where required
- Accurately record and enter data onto computer system
- Be familiar with all company processes and procedures
- Ensure that all objectives and targets are met
- Respond courteously and efficiently to all customer enquiries
- Ensure product knowledge is kept up to date
- Understand the terms of business of the company
- Undertake other associated duties in relation to the provision of customer requests
- Help and support customers in understanding terms, conditions, and procedures
- Attend relevant training courses and meetings
- Undertake any other reasonable duties that may be required by the team leader or manager
- Independent thinking and decision making
- Divergent thinking
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Knowledge of the processes worked by the team
- Knowledge of the systems used by the team on a daily basis
- Understanding of team processes
- A role model for our values: Make it happen, Succeed together, Be the customer and Go beyond
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to develop and maintain business relationships with potential and existing customers
- Excellent administrative skills
- Knowledge and practical experience of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)Good organisational and time management skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work as part of a team