Chester, UK /
Full-Time / Permanent
Over the last 16 years, we have helped over a million satisfied customers move and manage their money. Our award-winning product portfolio allows our customers to make low-cost multi-currency payments across various payment products.
From travel money to transfers, currency hedging, to expense management, we are focused on a single goal of making it easy for our customers to manage and move their money.
As a business, we are committed to delivering value to our customers through the combination of advanced payments technology and personal expert service.
About the role
Your role will be to plan, manage and monitor the delivery of projects ensuring you deliver the required project outputs within agreed tolerances. You will engage with a wide range of stakeholders from members of the Executive team, Senior Leadership team through to the department managers and external customers. As a project manager you are responsible for managing the successful completion of projects to achieve business goals, including the identification and management of risks and issues which can impact on project delivery.
- To work collaboratively with internal and external project teams to develop comprehensive project plans and obtain required commitment.
- To review project scope with client during project kick-off meeting, anticipate and resolve potential issues, revisit fees and timing as appropriate and make adjustments as required
- Ensure all stakeholders needs are identified and managed throughout the project, obtaining definition from each stakeholder in terms of what they are looking to achieve as part of the project and sharing with the wider project team accordingly.
- Maintain key project documentation in an organised and clear way, using both standard project documentation and any ad hoc documentation required.
- Maintain risk management within the project ensuring key risks are identified with subsequent mitigations, controls and further actions required.
- Maintain project plans which include scope, roles/responsibilities, tasks/schedule, resources, cost, quality assurance, communications, integration requirements, testing, compliance and all relevant departmental requirements.
- Communicate project plans and routine updates on project status and issues/risks to the project team, stakeholders and management.
- To be clear on project delivery timeline and milestones, with the ability to communicate with all stakeholders and manage stakeholder expectations in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide work breakdown structures and create detailed project schedules, understanding fully the dependencies and inter-relationships of the tasks and deliverables.
- Track progress through the life cycle of the project including tracking actual schedule and costs against the project estimates ensuring any significant variances are reported and corrective action plans are identified and implemented.
- To schedule and lead project meetings, including preparation of meeting agendas and minutes. Track and follow up on action items that arise from project meetings, project discussions or departmental requirements with the relevant task owner until completion.
- Utilise project management best practices and apply appropriate standards and guidelines.
- Work with stakeholders to identify key processes impacted or required by the project to ensure those processes are fully defined, documented and implemented.
- Consult with clients on standardisation, process improvements and redesign recommendations.
- Manage and communicate any client issues related to fees, costs and deliverables.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties that may be required from time to time by the Chief Operating Officer.
- Ensure that statutory training requirements are met.
- Live our company values daily: Make things happen, Succeed together, Be the customer and Go beyond
- Previous demonstratable experience in project management
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- The ability to adapt to different communication styles
- Confident in being able to challenge the status quo
- Tenacious and resilient
- Previous experience operating in regulated financial services
- Previous experience in the management of governed/regulated projects
We believe that certain skills are essential in order to be successful in this role and these are detailed above. You may not have all the other skills we have outlined as desirable, we understand that and will still welcome your application. We will carry out individual interviews for shortlisted candidates and assess who is best suited for the role after we have discussed everything with you
Our investment in you
We aim to be a people-first business. We welcome people into the Equals group and desire to grow and develop our talented teams.
Our people are part of one group; we believe in teamwork and celebrating our successes. We strive to embrace our values of ‘Succeed Together’, ‘Be the Customer, ‘Make it Happen’ and ‘Go Beyond’.
We believe in empowering conversations; that’s why we’ve invested in our managers and teams to ensure we bring out the best in each other. We want to put you in the driving seat of your career and achieve your full potential through growth opportunities and developmental support.
You will join an environment that encourages learning and knowledge sharing. Our managers and leaders will guide you to realise your drivers and promote your motivating career plan.
When you join the Equals Group, we help you get more out of your career, to get more out of life.
● A competitive salary benchmarked against a peer group.
● 25 days holiday per year + your birthday off
● Bupa Private Healthcare
● Bupa Mental Health Services & EAP
● Opportunities for progression, development and learning new skills.
● Free onsite Nuffield Health gym & pool (London) and discounted gym membership elsewhere.
● Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers.
● A flexible working environment
● Cycle to Work Scheme
● Enhanced Maternity & Paternity pay
● Season Ticket Loans
● x3 Annual Salary Life Assurance
● A flexible working environment
We operate a hybrid working arrangement where possible, which means that for some roles you will be able to work remotely for some days of the week. However, we still want employees to collaborate in person at both our London and Chester offices, and therefore, candidates will need to still be a comfortable commuting distance from either location for the days you are required to work from or come into the office.