C# .NET Engineering Team Lead
London, UK /
Full-Time / Permanent
Over the last 16 years, we have helped over a million satisfied customers move and manage their money. Our award-winning product portfolio allows our customers to make low-cost multi-currency payments across various payment products.
From travel money to transfers, currency hedging, to expense management, we are focused on a single goal of making it easy for our customers to manage and move their money.
As a business, we are committed to delivering value to our customers through the combination of advanced payments technology and personal expert service.
About the role
As Engineering Team Lead you will report to the Head of Payments and Banking and lead a small team of .NET engineers building new features and maintaining payment platforms. As part of the core engineering team for Banking and Payments, you will be responsible for the systems that process all payments in and out of the business. You will have a passion for writing accurate, high quality code and be eager to learn new technologies. As a Team Lead you will enjoy coaching and supporting team members and be an excellent communicator collaborating with a variety of stakeholders throughout the wider business.
- We believe that certain skills are essential in order to be successful in this role and these are detailed below. You may not have all the other skills we have outlined as desirable, we understand that and will still welcome your application. We will carry out individual interviews for shortlisted candidates and assess who is best suited for the role after we have discussed everything with you.
- Leading a small team to build and maintain backend systems
- Working with product and other stakeholders to define new features and understand existing processes
- Reviewing code ensuring that high standards are maintained and best practices followed
- Working with QA to produce high-quality products and features
- Providing technical support for existing systems when required
- Mentoring software developers
- Implement Agile methodologies
- Experience in leading a small team of software developers
- Extensive commercial experience with C# .NET
- Experience with SQL databases (preferable MS SQL Server)
- Extensive experience working with cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure and serverless technologies
- Prior experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience in .NET Core or .NET 5
- Building/working with CI/CD pipelines in AWS
- Exposure to mobile app development particularly Xamarin
- Tracking and estimation of work using JIRA or Notion
Our investment in you
We aim to be a people-first business. We welcome people into the Equals group and desire to grow and develop our talented teams.
Our people are part of one group; we believe in teamwork and celebrating our successes. We live our values of ‘Succeed Together’, ‘Be the Customer, ‘Make it Happen’ and ‘Go Beyond’.
We believe in empowering conversations; that’s why we’ve invested in our managers and teams to ensure we bring out the best in each other. We want to put you in the driving seat of your career and achieve your full potential through growth opportunities and developmental support.
You will join an environment that encourages learning and knowledge sharing. Our managers and leaders will guide you to realise your ambitions.
•A competitive salary benchmarked against a peer group which will be reviewed annually
•Health insurance through BUPA
•Our Employee Assistance Programme offers a 24/7 confidential advice line for health, bereavement and other areas of support
•25 days holiday per year + your birthday off
•We are members of the cycle to work scheme
•We offer Season Ticket Loans
•Free onsite Nuffield Health gym & pool (London) and discounted gym membership elsewhere
•Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers
•Opportunities for progression, development and learning new skills.