Chester, UK /
Over the last 14 years, we have helped over a million satisfied customers move and manage their money. Our award-winning product portfolio allows our customers to make low-cost multi-currency payments across various payment products.
From travel money to transfers, currency hedging, to expense management, we are focused on a single goal of making it easy for our customers to manage and move their money.
As a business, we are committed to delivering value to our customers through the combination of advanced payments technology and personal expert service
About the role
An Assurance Analyst at the Equals Group is an analytically and critically-minded individual, focussed on providing assurance over controls effectiveness across the Group’s regulated entities. Being able to develop and maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders at all levels of seniority, the Assurance Analyst has exposure to a wide range of financial services products and activities.
The main objective of this role is to act as an independent control function, providing oversight over the control environment, particularly in relation to regulated activity. Working within the Risk and Compliance function they will have ownership over the Group’s regulatory assurance programme. Supporting the wider business, the Assurance Analyst will enable teams to build and implement effective controls, as well as advise on appropriate controls for new products and projects. As a new role, the Assurance Analyst will initially report to the Group Head of Risk and Compliance and once embedded, the Head of Regulatory Compliance.
This is a full-time, permanent role that will be based in Chester, though the Group operates a hybrid working model whereby employees are encouraged to balance office and remote working in a way that supports both the business and work-life balance. The role involves up to 5-10% of activity to be conducted at company or third-party sites within the UK.
As a business, we seek to hire talent that ensures different views and backgrounds are represented within the Group and actively encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds and experience to apply.
- A role model for our values: Make things happen, Succeed together, Be the customer & Go beyond
- A good communicator, with an open and collaborative approach
- Highly organised; and able to prioritise workload effectively with attention to detail
- Proactive and motivated
- Curious and motivated by doing the best job you can Loves to work in a collaborative environment
- Maintain Group-wide regulatory assurance programme to cover key controls
- Execute and report on controls testing and assurance reviews as per the testing programme
- Identify controls gaps and appropriate remediation
- Conduct desktop reviews, and in some circumstances on-site visits, of Groupwide operating locations and third party sites, including customers and service providers
- Act as subject matter across the Group for controls implementation and testing
- Support the development and evolution of monitoring activity conducted to be conducted by 1LOD
- Work closely with the Quality Assurance team to ensure testing over releases is operating effectively
- Support and deliver organisational education relating to good practice in controls and assurance, as required
- Support the Head of Risk and Compliance with ad hoc risk management activities such as risk register reviews and workshops
- Be well connected across the Group and attend industry forums, groups and committees
- Maintain strong working knowledge of regulatory developments, including developing regulation in relation to controls governance
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders within the business across Product, Engineering, Finance and Sales/ Dealing
- 2 years’ experience in an audit, assurance or controls testing role
- Experience developing a controls testing programme or assurance programme
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the UK regulatory framework and an understanding of governing regulators: FCA, HMRC, NCA
- Understanding of Electronic Money Institutions, Authorised Payment Institutions and the international payments market
- Sound judgemental skills and ability to work independently and at pace
- Critical mindset that supports the provision of constructive challenge to the business from an independent standpoint
- Customer and stakeholder-focussed attitude and approach
- Ability to communicate technical control issues to stakeholders from a range of teams
- Experience and training at a tier one or mid-tier UK audit firm
- Experience conducting third party compliance inspections
- Prior experience working in financial services, ideally in payments or e-money institutions
- Formal qualification in risk, audit or assurance
- Knowledge of US regulation over payments and e-money
- Knowledge or experience of MiFID regulatuion
- We believe that certain skills are essential in order to be successful in this role and these are detailed above. You may not have all the other skills we have outlined as desirable, we understand that and will still welcome your application. We will carry out individual interviews for shortlisted candidates and assess who is best suited for the role after we have discussed everything with you
Our investment in you
We welcome people into the Equals group and desire to grow and develop our talented teams. We believe in teamwork and celebrating our successes. We strive to embrace our values. We want to put you in the driving seat of your career and achieve your full potential through growth opportunities and developmental support.
When you join the Equals Group, we aim to help you to get more out of your career. We will also offer you the following benefits;
A competitive salary benchmarked against a peer group
25 days holiday per year + your birthday off
Opportunities for progression, development and learning new skills
Free onsite Nuffield Health gym & pool (London) and discounted gym membership elsewhere
Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers
We operate a hybrid working arrangement where possible
Where possible we offer the opportunity to work flexibly and the opportunity to balance some remote working with time in the office collaborating, taking part in events and developing the social connections that make working with us rewarding.
Equals strives to create a workplace where we can all be ourselves. We believe in inclusion, equality and the power of diversity, so you'll be encouraged to bring your unique perspectives and experiences, and help us understand what you need to do your best work.