Chester, UK /
Full - time
Who We Are
Over the last 14 years, we have helped over a million satisfied customers move and manage their money. Our award-winning product portfolio allows our customers to make low-cost multi-currency payments across various payment products. From travel money to transfers, currency hedging, to expense management, we are focused on a single goal of making it easy for our customers to manage and move their money.
As a business, we are committed to delivering value to our customers through the combination of advanced payments technology and personal expert service. We’re doing this by hiring exceptional people. We are looking for a designer who can help build, develop and evolve the Equals Group product design capabilities. With our headquarters in London, Chester and Los Angeles, the Equals Group comprises of three business lines and brands - Equals Money, FairFX and CardOneMoney.
You will join a very close-knit, talented and supportive team from various backgrounds who believe that bringing different perspectives together helps us understand our customers' needs. United, by one thing, making money management straightforward and cost-effective for our customers.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- To perform Know Your Customer (KYC) and Know Your Business (KYB) checks on all pending applications promptly and accurately using the companies risk based strategy in order to convert to an active customer.
- To decision all pending applications as quickly and efficiently as possible ensuring all relevant processes are followed correctly
- To use investigation skills to gather proof to decide on whether we can proceed with an application or not in line with company policies
- To make calls to gather further information verbally or by asking for documentation to aid in the decisioning process
- To respond to incoming calls promptly
- To look at and determine if proofs received can be accepted as per our onboarding policy
- To ensure that all targets and objectives are met
- To accurately record and enter data into computer systems
- To ensure that product knowledge is kept updated
- To be conversant with the terms of business of the company
- To help and support customers in understanding terms, conditions, and procedures
- To ensure all processes are followed correctly
- To deal with customer correspondence and documentation in accordance with company procedures
- To undertake other associated duties in relation to the provision of customer requests
- To record and resolve any customer issues, concerns or complaints reporting them, as appropriate, to management
- To attend training courses and meetings as required
- To live the company values and ensure that others in your team do
- To undertake any other reasonable duties that may be required by your Team Leader / Manager
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to develop and maintain business relationships with potential and existing customers
- Knowledge and practical experience of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Numeracy and literacy skills
- Practical experience of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Previous relevant experience in a Onboarding role/financial services environment desirable
Our investment in you
We aim to be a ‘people first’ business. We welcome people into the Equals group and aim to grow and develop our talented teams.
Our people are part of one group, we believe in teamwork and celebrating our successes. We strive to embrace our values of ‘Succeed Together’, ‘Be the Customer, ‘Make it Happen’ and ‘Go Beyond.
We believe in empowering conversations, that’s why we’ve invested in our managers and teams to ensure we bring out the best in each other. We want to put you in the driving seat of your career so you can reach your full potential through growth opportunities and developmental support.
You will join an environment that encourages learning and knowledge sharing. Our managers and leaders will guide you to realise your personal drivers and encourage development of your own motivating career plan.
When you join the Equals Group we help you get more out of your career, to get more out of life.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
25 days holiday per year plus an additional day for your birthday
Bupa Health Insurance
Enhanced maternity package
Season Ticket Loans
Cycle to Work Scheme
Free onsite Nuffield Health gym & pool (London) and discounted gym membership (Chester)
Opportunities for progression, development and learning new skills
Interbank currency rates on travel money and international transfers
Autoenrollment Pension Scheme
A flexible working environment Currently, the company is embracing remote working and open to flexible working arrangements. Ideally, we would want employees to collaborate in person at our London or Chester offices, and therefore, the candidate needs to be comfortable commuting distance from either location.
Note to recruiters: We have a preferred supply list and use an ATS portal for CV submissions. Any unsolicited CV's sent directly to hiring managers outside of process will not be subject to a recruitment fee.