People/HR Operations Coordinator
Chester, UK /
Full - time
Who we are
Over the last thirteen years, we have helped over a million satisfied customers move and manage their money. Our award-winning product portfolio allows our customers to make low-cost multi-currency payments across a range of payment products. From travel money to money transfers, currency hedging to expense management, we are focused on a single goal of making it easy for our customers to manage and move their money.
You will join a very close-knit, talented and supportive team from a variety of backgrounds who believe that bringing different perspectives together helps us understand our customers' needs. Technology is at the heart of what we do, and the business is committed to delivering value to our customers through the combination of advanced payments technology and expert personal service. We're united by one thing - we aim to help customers get more for their money - so they can make the most of their time.
To assist the Head of People Operations and People BP in the day to day functions of the People Team.
To assist in the manage administration of monthly payroll liaising with company payroll providers
To support in the management of the People Team inbox and be first point of contact for queries
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- To update HR systems as required using Bamboo HR
- To be responsible for ensuring HR records, personnel files, details of starters, leavers, holiday and sickness attendance records are accurately maintained
- To assist in preparation and administration of monthly payroll, liaising with the company’s payroll providers
- To liaise with pension providers as required
- To create reports from payroll in line with HR and business requirements
- Act as first point of contact for HR and payroll queries
- Create and maintain all employee personnel files, ensuring archiving of leavers and cleansing of information held in line with the Data Protection Act
- Ad hoc admin support as required by People Team
- Process new starters and leavers including production of employment contracts, reference requests, leaver letters
- Process paperwork associated with employment changes and variations to contracts
- To provide support ER issues etc / Take notes in disciplinary meetings
Experience and Knowledge
- At Least 1-2 years of Generalist HR experience and good knowledge of Employment Law
- Knowledge of auto enrolment pension schemes
- Previous payroll administration experience
- Experience handling highly confidential information
- Experience liaising with external providers
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong IT skills Competent user of Microsoft Office inc Excel / Google Docs / sheets
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal / written)
Nice to Have
- CIPD equivalent qualification or studying for relevant professional qualification
Our investment in you
We aim to be a ‘people first’ business. We welcome people into the Equals group and aim to grow and develop our talented teams.
Our people are part of one group, we believe in teamwork and celebrating our successes. We strive to embrace our values of ‘Succeed Together’, ‘Be the Customer, ‘Make it Happen’ and ‘Go Beyond.
We believe in empowering conversations, that’s why we’ve invested in our managers and teams to ensure we bring out the best in each other. We want to put you in the driving seat of your career so you can reach your full potential through growth opportunities and developmental support.
You will join an environment that encourages learning and knowledge sharing. Our managers and leaders will guide you to realise your personal drivers and encourage development of your own motivating career plan.
When you join the Equals Group we help you get more out of your career, to get more out of life.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note to recruiters: We have a preferred supply list and use an ATS portal for CV submissions. Any unsolicited CV's sent directly to hiring managers outside of process will not be subject to a recruitment fee.